Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2

Page 89 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JonatasEugenio

Jul 27, 2009
Friend, I also bought an ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 +C2Q Q6700, see the configurations of the signature, I spit two memoirs PATRIOT DDR2 667 in the plate, when I entered in BIOS had to put in DDR2 667 manually, and if I don't inhabit the function Flexibility Option Windows XP Pro SP3 doesn't carry, after qualified he carries, but when I enter in the program CPU-Z he shows that the memory this in DRAM frequency 200MHZ.

What do you think, will it be that is problem in the memory? :Q

From of I already thank help!

Ileader36

Aug 2, 2004
From what I can remember reading back through this thread, 677 is as good as it gets with ddr2 ram, so with a
1066fsb processor, I would suggest You enable the flexibility option and go for the lowest timings possible.
I think some people also had to settle for 533mhz.

I am using 2x 1gb cas2 ddr1 ram, so don't have any experience with ddr2 on this mobo. Another thing
is that these boards work best with 1.8v ddr2, not any higher voltage high performance stuff.

Try setting AGP volts to high, as that is also the Northbridge IC's voltage and may help with stability.

Mr Vain

May 15, 2006
More Graphics cards options for this board.

HIS officially shows its HD 4670 AGP card

HDMI and IceQ cooling for AGP

Trying to revive the rather old and quite forgotten AGP port, HIS has officially announced its newest HD 4670 IceQ AGP card. The new card uses HIS famous IceQ cooling and brings native HDMI to AGP port, quite useful if you are considering to turn your old AGP system into an HTPC.

The new HIS HD 4760 IceQ works at 750MHz for the core and comes with 1GB of DDR3 memory clocked at 1,746MHz. It has a 128-bit memory interface and features DVI, D-Sub and native HDMI outputs. Due to the use of IceQ cooler the card takes two slots but the noise should be quite low as IceQ cooler should keep the 4670 GPU at low temperatures.

We honestly thought that AGP was done with the introduction of HD 3850, but apparently Powercolor, Club3D and HIS think that there is still a market for those cards. The card should retail at around ?100, and both Powercolor and Club3D are currently listed here.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/14807/1/

:D

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
  1. Thread closed due to its age. Mr Vain please feel free to start a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.

AnandTech Moderator
    lopri

Nessia

Dec 24, 2011
Great motherboard... :wub:
I remember, it was so cold and energy efficient. CPU and both of bridges was cold when Idle, even with low RPMs (~1000) of box CPU fan. It was very silent...

After upgrading to Intel motherboard i miss that cold and silence... It's hot like hell, Intel ICH and MCH with massive heatsinks heats up to 60*C and higher, independent of Idle/Burn state... And somehow, same CPU with same cooler is always warm in idle (~45*С), and that Intel mo-bo can't to set lower RPMs than 1500. With Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 it was no warmer than air in case.