artichoke question

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
I trimmed them all up and stuffed them with frozen garlic and forgot to get lemon. My lemon hasn't gotten here yet and its probably to late to cook the artichokes. Would it be okay to store these and cook them as is or should I attempt to get all of the garlic out?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Do you *need* lemon? Never had stuffed artichoke.

I remember an old Little Rascals episode. One of the kids was given an artichoke by a wealthy person, and he peeled it expecting to find food inside, but he peeled it til it was gone, and there was nothing. It's funnier seeing it :^D

Reactions: Paladin3

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

I remember an old Little Rascals episode. One of the kids was given an artichoke by a wealthy person, and he peeled it expecting to find food inside, but he peeled it til it was gone, and there was nothing. It's funnier seeing it :^D

Artichokes are my wife's favorite, not mine. So I kind of need lemon. Not stuffed really. you just put some cloves between the the leaves and they cook down really nicely. I'm just gonna bag em up and get taco truck tonight.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003

Stymie, I love the Little Rascals, probably my favorite TV show.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Fucking things turned out amazing. The plan was to grill them but then I got accosted to watch the grandkids so I did them in the oven. Aside from missing a little smoky flavor they turned out better than any artichoke I've ever had.

I ate the whole thing. MY steak just sat there so I guess I know whats for lunch today :)

Reactions: lxskllr

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Fucking things turned out amazing. The plan was to grill them but then I got accosted to watch the grandkids so I did them in the oven. Aside from missing a little smoky flavor they turned out better than any artichoke I've ever had.

I ate the whole thing. MY steak just sat there so I guess I know whats for lunch today :)

Artichokes?

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
My brother-in-law once at whole leafs when he got an artichoke as an appetizer. For some reason his wife neglected to brief him on how to eat them lol.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
the lemon just keeps them from turning drab when boiled.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

I cant really stand boiled or steamed artichokes anymore. I gotta grill or roast em. You can taste the lemon.

We have had company try to eat the wrong ends of the leaves. We have had people over that have never seen an artichoke before.