Arte radiates TV program for Aliens in the universe

SirUlli

Jan 13, 2003
a Google Translation

Arte radiates TV program for Aliens in the universe

Strasbourg - with the main topic ?universe? makes itself Arte in each case starting from Monday until Friday at 19.00 o'clock and on Saturday on the search for extraterrestrial intelligence in the infinite widths.

The documentation series makes the prelude of the row on Monday with the first part of the two-divisor ?expedition universe?. Therein the transmitter follows first to the origins of the conception of extraterrestial life and shows, which ideas from Science Fiction films and - novels reality became already. After the second part on Tuesday follow space dream? on Wednesday the film ?over space tourism and on Thursday a documentation over ?the mystery of the polar lights?. The impact giant meteorites examines on Friday the film of ?secrets of the science?.

The main topic ends on Saturday with the film ?Cosmic Connexion? (20,40 o'clock), which Arte announces as ?the first intergalactic remote very much program for extraterrestial ones and earth inhabitants?. The Clou: The transmission is radiated at the same time on earth and over a parabolic antenna of the French space center CNES into space.

Should receive the extraterrestial transmission, they will learn much over humans: The film presents the ideas about lives beyond the earth and speaks with artists, scientists and astronauts about the possibilities, as the earth and its inhabitants could explain themselves with a possible contact with extraterrestial ones. Arte had asked in addition in the Internet spectator for original messages, which the film publishes now and into far galaxies sends. (strip packing)

original German Link

http://www.digitalfernsehen.de/news/news_108893.html

Regards from Germany
Sir Ulli

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view, the ETs are likely going to have very strange impressions of us based on the decades headstart that episodes of "I Love Lucy" and the like have had in traveling thru space to them.

SirUlli

Jan 13, 2003
Originally posted by: networkman
Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view, the ETs are likely going to have very strange impressions of us based on the decades headstart that episodes of "I Love Lucy" and the like have had in traveling thru space to them.

you are right , but this the First time that a Message is going outer Space with a parabolic antenna of the French space center CNES to what...

but this is going to Space... and this direkt to space

regards from Germany
Sir Ulli

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
First time for the French space center perhaps, but there've been numerous others who've been deliberately transmitting signals out into the void for many years.

TC10284

Nov 1, 2005
lol - that would be interesting to see their reaction and thoughts of us. I would seriously hope that no one would get the bright idea to broadcast a national news channel into space.
If I were an extraterrestrial, I'd destroy the planet based upon what the national news channel thinks...

We should call the planet that receives: Omicron Persei 8 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omicron_Persei_8)

Thanks OP, interesting stuff!