Armed officer at Florida school sheltered in place instead of confronting shooter

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Putting aside the officers' inaction during the shooting, here's a detailed write up on the broader responsibility of the police and their department's failed "liberal" policy. I assume it'd be the source of info for what you're asking for from Taj.

Broward County Sheriff’s Office Did Not “Miss Warning Signs” or Make “Mistakes”…
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office (BSO) didn’t “miss warning signs” or make “mistakes” in not writing up reports. The Sheriff’s office did exactly what their internal policies, procedures and official training required them to do, they intentionally ignored the signs, and intentionally didn’t generate documents.
I'll bet they don't miss any of these signs.:eek:
4928320394_caf99809e5.jpg

Reactions: paperfist

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Holy shit man. That's some deep Contard logic there brother Jask...

So apples are oranges on that site. So again, the attempt to smear "liberal" anything here is just bullshit as usual. More than likely conservative Cop/s hid outside, more than likely liberal Miss Wagner should have killed him instead... Only in the defective brain of a conservative does this make sense... AND where the blame actually gets shifted to the liberals. In FLORIDA no less...

DERP DERP DERP

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Putting aside the officers' inaction during the shooting, here's a detailed write up on the broader responsibility of the police and their department's failed "liberal" policy. I assume it'd be the source of info for what you're asking for from Taj.

Broward County Sheriff’s Office Did Not “Miss Warning Signs” or Make “Mistakes”…
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office (BSO) didn’t “miss warning signs” or make “mistakes” in not writing up reports. The Sheriff’s office did exactly what their internal policies, procedures and official training required them to do, they intentionally ignored the signs, and intentionally didn’t generate documents.

Do you actually believe this shit?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Do you actually believe this shit?

A forum poster asks "How are liberals responsible"? or something like it. A real answer to explain that might not be posted. However, with direct contact with the conservative bubble, I've heard some !@#$. So when I see a question I can answer, I google for a reasonable source to explain it. Thus, I have presented P&N insight into the bubble. Something you'd never imagine has been made clearer.

It is not my intention to argue either way on that, but to let you know the narrative exists and that blog is one way it was pieced together.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
A forum poster asks "How are liberals responsible"? or something like it. A real answer to explain that might not be posted. However, with direct contact with the conservative bubble, I've heard some !@#$. So when I see a question I can answer, I google for a reasonable source to explain it. Thus, I have presented P&N insight into the bubble. Something you'd never imagine has been made clearer.

It is not my intention to argue either way on that, but to let you know the narrative exists and that blog is one way it was pieced together.

I think you would should basically state that up front when linking to the crazy.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You can't vote to allow selling military style weapons to crazies, as Republicans have done, and then expect cops,teachers, whoever to risk their lives to absolve you of responsibility for kids dying as a result.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

No it was how are liberals responsible for the cops hiding outside while the shooter was killing kids inside.

EDIT: after re-reading your post I see all you did was link to what the crazies are posting and their faulty logic.

Some police officers forgot the "liberal" and "standard policy" that says to hide outside and not engage anyone in the high school. Oddly enough, many police officers ignored all this BS and engaged the active shooter. As they are trained and paid for. The job they chose.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Next... it will be the cops outside were simply not armed heavily enough to engage the active shooter. More guns please... Again, this will be the liberals fault... We need less restrictions, not more silly liberals...

Jul 9, 2009

You mean how the Democratic Party Broward Sheriff's Office performed? Thanks Democrat party member Sheriff Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-plea-for-gun-control/?utm_term=.2f9e9123a70c

"Israel rose through the ranks, eventually heading the SWAT team, before leaving in 2004 to take over as police chief of a nearby town. In 2007, Israel switched his party affiliation to Democrat to run for county sheriff."

Jul 9, 2009
The difference is that conservatives are offering proposals to make schools safer and you lefties are talking about covering them with unicorn glitter and other things that aren't going to happen in the foreseeable future. Arming school faculty and mandatory reporting by mental health professionals are positive steps to safety.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Liberal and conservative gun owners alike think arming teachers and this new tactic of blaming cops is just the latest pathetic and repugnant move by the NRA and their lap dogs. Cowards who ignore the common sense solutions and push for shit like this are again on the wrong side of history and will continue to be castigated as things move forward. The full court press the 'more guns at all costs' Team NRA is employing will continue and be pointed out at and refuted at every turn. Only the most defective of conservative brains thinks this is a good idea.

Sits back and awaits more victimization wails...

Armed school faculty already failed here yet in DerpVille the solution is more armed faculty and more guns. AND pay incentives for teachers who WILL toe the NRA line but no paper and pencils still. Fuck you AND your kids in that regard. Man I'd hate to be a non commissioned salesman for the NRA but you find them here and all over the Internet every day. Bunch of bitches...

Jul 9, 2009
I keep hearing "common sense solutions" but then i never see them.

I do love the lie about not having paid for pencils or paper in schools though. As if a letter sent home to kids parents wouldn't provide enough funding for a year of paper and pencils at a days notice.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
LOL. Now underfunded schools and teachers having to pay out of pocket to be able to teach kids is fake news yet arming more faculty at schools is what is needed to keep the AR's at bay is the truth! This is the common sense approach yet removing the problem isn't... DERP DERP DERP

Jul 9, 2009
LOL. Now underfunded schools and teachers having to pay out of pocket to be able to teach kids is fake news yet arming more faculty at schools is what is needed to keep the AR's at bay is the truth! This is the common sense approach yet removing the problem isn't... DERP DERP DERP
Thanks for that common sense solution. I'll write my Congressman and my Senators asking them to approve it.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Makes sense. Make sure you pen that in the blood of the children you almost convince people you give a shit about...

It must be really confusing when a card carrying (no longer due paying) member of the NRA, rifle and bow hunter, concealed and open carry supporter breaks from the ranks of insanity and says enough is enough. There are more of us waking up than you think...

Last edited:

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Why does the right scream buy more guns for every problem? This horrible circumstance has a root causation that needs to be addressed and making more guns available is not the answer.

There's no way that a school teacher needs to be packing heat and kids should be focused on their curriculum rather than on duck and cover for an active shooter which is a detriment to learning. People being gunned down in the streets is contrary to what the founding fathers intent was for them when they penned the Declaration of Independence stating in paragraph 2 that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

What happened to the rights of the dead and the injured in this and every other mass shooting? Gun control is no longer an avoidable subject and reasonable limitations need to be enacted through legislation rather than by agency rules so they can become more permanent. I really don't care what title it goes under in the USC as long as it is enacted by Congress to prevent partisanship down the road.

Jul 9, 2009
Makes sense. Make sure you pen that in the blood of the children you almost convince people you give a shit about...

It must be really confusing when a card carrying (no longer due paying) member of the NRA, rifle and bow hunter, concealed and open carry supporter breaks from the ranks of insanity and says enough is enough. There are more of us waking up than you think...

I see no problem with a school teacher, a school administrator or a school employee that wants to carry concealed and has a license and training for it along with the permission of the school district should not be able to carry. I see no reason that schools should be laid out to make them more accessible to outsiders and more difficult to protect.

Reactions: IJTSSG

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Why does the right scream buy more guns for every problem? This horrible circumstance has a root causation that needs to be addressed and making more guns available is not the answer.

There's no way that a school teacher needs to be packing heat and kids should be focused on their curriculum rather than on duck and cover for an active shooter which is a detriment to learning. People being gunned down in the streets is contrary to what the founding fathers intent was for them when they penned the Declaration of Independence stating in paragraph 2 that "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/

What happened to the rights of the dead and the injured in this and every other mass shooting? Gun control is no longer an avoidable subject and reasonable limitations need to be enacted through legislation rather than by agency rules so they can become more permanent. I really don't care what title it goes under in the USC as long as it is enacted by Congress to prevent partisanship down the road.

The part after "Happiness" is becoming more and more relevant.
"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
"We need less restrictions, not more silly liberals..."

Yes! Now you're getting it. Welcome aboard! ;O)

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Went window shopping in Dundee yesterday for a muzzleloader for the 2018 deer season in Michigan. Have my eye on a Remington but am going to wait and hope they have a sale in the spring. That's about the only restriction this liberal endured... self imposed...

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Went window shopping in Dundee yesterday for a muzzleloader for the 2018 deer season in Michigan. Have my eye on a Remington but am going to wait and hope they have a sale in the spring. That's about the only restriction this liberal endured... self imposed...

Didn't Remington just file for bankruptcy or was that Winchester?