ARMA 3 steam 50% off + 30% off $22.XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Bohemia's website has it for 50% off this weekend. They also give you a 30% off coupon if you vote for one of the mods. This installs on steam.

First sign up on http://makearmanotwar.com/

Next confirm your account then go to the 'entries' tab on the website. Click on one of the mods, and click the '+' next to supporters.

You will get an email containing a discount code of 30% for arma 3.

Total was $22 for digital deluxe edition.

Patre

May 29, 2013
Seems to be getting mixed reviews on MC.........I've thought about getting this, but still unsure.....

What are your thoughts on gameplay?

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
Seems to be getting mixed reviews on MC.........I've thought about getting this, but still unsure.....

What are your thoughts on gameplay?

Arma is a funny thing. It is very much 'love it, or hate it'. Did you ever play Arma 2?

Personally, I recommend it completely. I've put 300 hours into it since last year. 90% of my gaming time has been in this game. The crazy thing is, I've never actually played the main campaign. I've only played mods. Mods are what sets Arma apart from all the other FPS out there.

The modding scene is coming along slowly, but surely. It is taking a while because so many Arma communities were so vested in existing Arma 2 mods.

If you haven't played before, it might help to check out some Twitch streams.

Patre

May 29, 2013
Arma is a funny thing. It is very much 'love it, or hate it'. Did you ever play Arma 2?

Personally, I recommend it completely. I've put 300 hours into it since last year. 90% of my gaming time has been in this game. The crazy thing is, I've never actually played the main campaign. I've only played mods. Mods are what sets Arma apart from all the other FPS out there.

The modding scene is coming along slowly, but surely. It is taking a while because so many Arma communities were so vested in existing Arma 2 mods.

If you haven't played before, it might help to check out some Twitch streams.

I don't haven any Arma games yet and this may very well be my 1st Arma buy.........have you found it to have a "clunky interface"? (which seems to be a popular complaint)....

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Arma is interesting but I just can't get over the fact that the movement of the characters is so rigid and forced.

I understand the point of a simulation, especially in vehicles/aircraft. That being said do I honestly have to feel like I'm driving a tank simulator while I'm running around on foot? They need to simplify the infantry controls to make the game enjoyable if you ask me. That was always the thing that ruined Arma 2 for me. I don't have to think that hard to control my body in real life, so why do I have to in a game?

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I don't haven any Arma games yet and this may very well be my 1st Arma buy.........have you found it to have a "clunky interface"? (which seems to be a popular complaint)....

It is clunky, sure. I actually like the controls at this point. It just takes a lot of practice, which not many people have the time to invest in a single game.

For instance, there is something like 30 different stances that you can use while playing. It makes for great flexibility when in an urban shoot out, but do you really want to have to remember something like press 'CTRL + S x 2' while getting shot at? :p Definitely not for everyone.

I think anything under $25 bucks is a good price to gamble on Arma 3. You probably won't like it but there is always the possibility it becomes one of your favorites.

Oct 9, 1999
i love arma3, haven't played it in a while BC every time i play on a wasteland server I get gang banged.

however, if any one here wants to buddy up i'm down like syndrome.

just PM me. haven't played any other mod. love arma2 dayz but my main server shutdown a few months ago.

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
It's interesting and people talk in military speak. I like the coop missions. People playing pilot take their job so seriously. I am diggin the game. I got it for $22, virtually $12 after I sold my half life 2.

Karl775

Apr 15, 2015
My only question is , are the controls really that bad, I use keypad and mouse for most games. But my son said its just to hard to remember all the right controls. I'm pretty new to PC gaming and still stumble when playing easier games. So if you were me would you give it a go or not. Btw the trailer and pics on steam look redacted hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.