Arkham Knight

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
I have a voucher for the game since I bought my GTX970. I coupled it with an i7 4970k.

I'm probably going to wrap up Max Max here in a week or two. I want something to hold me over before FallOut4. Should I give this a whirl? Especially since, to my understanding, the combat systems are similar with Mad Max?

yeah especially if its free. Watch your settings and adjust accordingly. I have a gtx980 and get occasional hiccups. But nowhere as bad as pre patch.

ocre

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2008
Did you play any of the previous ones?

Absolutely.

Every one.

Batman AA was phenomenal. AC was good. But Origins, It got old. I played most of they way thru origins and just lost interest and stopped playing, like 90% thru the story and I just quit playing it

In previous batman games, you obviously just knock everyone out. I liked the part in Origins where batman is a little more brutal. I feel like this game, you cause a lot more damage, you run a rampage and do much more damage. Not just knocking people out.

Playing from all games from the beginning, I lost a lot of the excitement I had for the series. I was getting bored with it.
This was a change up for me. I don't care if people run or if it's not difficult to beat down a group. I was gonna beat them down anyway. AK has some pretty neat ways of doing this, I like it a lot.
Perhaps go back and play AA, it's not that difficult. Nor is it that good anymore.

Surely there are other people who enjoy AK, cause I think it is a blast. Where the hell else could they go? They milked the franchise to death.

I like what they did in AK. It is refreshing to me.
It might help that my kids are usually watching or playing it with me. We all have a blast

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
I have a voucher for the game since I bought my GTX970. I coupled it with an i7 4970k.

I'm probably going to wrap up Max Max here in a week or two. I want something to hold me over before FallOut4. Should I give this a whirl? Especially since, to my understanding, the combat systems are similar with Mad Max?

Saw that the game is going to be re-released on Wednesday. May as well wait until then and download the patch.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Saw that the game is going to be re-released on Wednesday. May as well wait until then and download the patch.

Should be interesting. Let's see if it's a "we fixed a lot of the issues, including game-breaking bugs and now will release a game the customer expected", or "F it. We can't fix this piece of crap, so we're giving up and putting it back for sale. Don't like it, ask Steam for a refund."

Edit: Well, it looks like it will be the latter: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-when-batman-arkham-knight-returns-to-pc/1100-6431696/

Last edited:

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Should be interesting. Let's see if it's a "we fixed a lot of the issues, including game-breaking bugs and now will release a game the customer expected", or "F it. We can't fix this piece of crap, so we're giving up and putting it back for sale. Don't like it, ask Steam for a refund."

Edit: Well, it looks like it will be the latter: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-when-batman-arkham-knight-returns-to-pc/1100-6431696/

That article doesn't say anything one way or another. But they really do like talking about feature parity more than saying "we fixed our screw up."

Last edited:

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
That article doesn't say anything one way or another. But they really do like talking about feature parity more than saying "we fixed our screw up."

It says they are putting in the DLC and that's about it. No mention of bug fixes or further performance improvements. I believe it will include an SLI fix though.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
The magic day is here... and....
Batman: Arkham Knight is back on Steam... but still not fully fixed

the best part,
"To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:
Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community."

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358664118

I know some people were expecting a free season pass, but I never thought it was going to happen. I was expecting nothing, and nothing is what I got.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I looked at the notes for today, and saw this:

"For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience."

Lovely.

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013
The magic day is here... and....
Batman: Arkham Knight is back on Steam... but still not fully fixed

the best part,
"To recap, if you own Batman: Arkham Knight for PC or purchase it before November 16, 2015, you will get:
Free digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library.
The "Community Challenge Pack” DLC.
The Batman: Arkham inspired Team Fortress 2 items created by the Batman: Arkham community."

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358664118

I know some people were expecting a free season pass, but I never thought it was going to happen. I was expecting nothing, and nothing is what I got.

SLI/CF will never happen, though. Frame times are already all over place with one GPU even with a relatively stable framerate.

Last edited:

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
Im over this game. They give out games that most people already have since you know, they are the beginning of the trilogy this game ends. A lot of the bugs are not even fixed.

This is my latest issue

Ryker Heights Radar Network. Cant get into the fuse box to open the 2 rolling doors to the turrets. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MonKENy/screenshot/397800142271770426

Those two wires go into a fuse panel shown here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542191183

and they come from these doors.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542191172

I am assuming it is a bug. Its the Radar Network on Ryker Heights. It has the two roll up doors with a turret behind each one. I read I was supposed to pull the fuses in this box and it opens the door. The fuse box has a cover on it. Its just flat grey. Nothing works to pull it or blow it off. If I walk up to it the only prompt I get is to climp on the room there. Obviously the fuse box is closed o glitched to not exist. Reloading the game fixes nothing. Honestly this is the nail in the coffin for this game. If its a bug it makes the game unbeatable. I am sick of the bugs and glitches. This whole thing is a nightmare mess.

I have a GTX 980 and still have issues. And all the patches have done nothing to fix the game breaking bugs. I have one now I cant finish the Radar Network missions because theres a glitch. So im done, if I cant fix this I am offically over this game. So no WB "losing a bunch of $" is not enough. Companies like this that put out bland products at inflated prices that do not work correctly should be out of business. Period, end of story. There are hundreds of fantastic smaller game devs that would kill for a share of the market. Kill the big studios and let the smaller ones grow. EA, Ubisoft, WB. All the same crap from them.

Ive posted that on WB forums and got no help. Screw it.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Im over this game. They give out games that most people already have since you know, they are the beginning of the trilogy this game ends. A lot of the bugs are not even fixed.

This is my latest issue

It's been a while since I've played, but I'm 99% sure I got stuck on the same puzzle on the PS4. I swore it was a bug but it actually just wasn't as obvious as it looked and I got through it.

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013

This is my latest issue

I'm pretty sure that ther's something else to that part and that you're not actually meant to be able to open that panel... If I just remembered what part of the story this was I'd get an idea... But yeah, I'm pretty sure that this isn't a bug.

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
It's been a while since I've played, but I'm 99% sure I got stuck on the same puzzle on the PS4. I swore it was a bug but it actually just wasn't as obvious as it looked and I got through it.

I'm pretty sure that ther's something else to that part and that you're not actually meant to be able to open that panel... If I just remembered what part of the story this was I'd get an idea... But yeah, I'm pretty sure that this isn't a bug.

I thought so to but when I googled it all the guides say to pull the fuses and it opens the rolling doors.

Yep heres a video walkthrough, you can see it open.

https://youtu.be/R_Q9fZghMm8?t=3m24s

Last edited:

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I'm going to give it a spin once I finish up Mad Max.

I'm not a big Batman fan, and I don't want to spend a bunch of time on this, so I'll put it on easy and just try and smash through it.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
Lame, guess I'll just get it for the PS4. If a 980 stutters, can't even imagine home. my 670 would perform. Too bad, I loved playing Arkham Origins in my PC.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
To be completely fair to them, the 12GB part was misleading. It seems to refer to how much RAM you need if your page file is disabled. I played for a couple of hours and the game never exceeded 4GB according to task manager. Also, I'm pretty sure that the performance PC World saw was just due to GameWorks shenanigans because that's on-par with my 970. They might also need to delete their config folder because that can result in bugs after a patch in this game.

SLI/CF will never happen, though. Frame times are already all over place with one GPU even with a relatively stable framerate.

Game basically needs a dedicated (and recent) physx card and to be running off an SSD to get stable framerates.

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013
Game basically needs a dedicated (and recent) physx card and to be running off an SSD to get stable framerates.

GameWorks this year has been all around crap, though. I don't even consider that a relevant issue. Can you even use HairWorks in TW3 and get 60FPS at 1080p without a heavily overclocked 980 at minimum? Until proven otherwise, I blame Nvidia for any issues with GameWorks crap. The rest falls on Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy, and WB.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
GameWorks this year has been all around crap, though. I don't even consider that a relevant issue. Can you even use HairWorks in TW3 and get 60FPS at 1080p without a heavily overclocked 980 at minimum? Until proven otherwise, I blame Nvidia for any issues with GameWorks crap. The rest falls on Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy, and WB.

I second this. Hairworks in TW3 was such BS. Such a huge performance drop with a very very little noticeable difference. I was expecting hair to be similar to that in animated CGI cutscenes, but nope.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
That post says that they'll still be working to fix the game and be upfront as to what they cannot fix. So, I don't see how it's abandoned. o_O

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013
That post says that they'll still be working to fix the game and be upfront as to what they cannot fix. So, I don't see how it's abandoned. o_O

Them saying that they won't fix some things. The fact that they're offering refunds like this means that they plan to leave some huge issues in the game. Also, some of the things they put in the last set of patch notes were lies.