Arkham Knight

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Lollerskates. What a joke. Rocksteady have completely sullied their reputation with this release. Not only was the game completely broken on PC but it's easily the worst in the series from a gameplay and storyline perspective.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
How is Rocksteady's reputation only now sullied? DX11 in AC still performs like garbage compared to DX9.

Technical prowess is something they've not possessed for a long while. Origins got a bad rap on the technical side because it was DX11-only, and built on top of Rocksteady's mess.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
So, word is that Windows X with the latest NVidia drivers (353.62) specifically for X have helped performance for many.

Oh, and the game has already been cracked, with the crack removing Denova and including DLC.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
How is Rocksteady's reputation only now sullied? DX11 in AC still performs like garbage compared to DX9.

Technical prowess is something they've not possessed for a long while. Origins got a bad rap on the technical side because it was DX11-only, and built on top of Rocksteady's mess.

Well for starters this is the worst game in the series IMO which right off the bat is no good. It would be possible for me to suffer some dx11 woes in a solid and good game but arkham knight is no arkham asylum or city.

Last edited:

artemicion

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2004
Maybe it's a good joke but i don't undestand anything

Allow me to explain!

Well for starters this is the worst game in the series IMO which right off the bat is no good.

right off the bat is no good.

right off the bat.

cute-bat-clipart-bat-20clip-20art-bat-1979px.png

attachment.php

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Looking forward to when Arkham Knight is finally fixed,and I can start playing again.
(I have it on Steam.)

Insanely fun game,just dealing with the buggy nature of the game is annoying.

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
We're about half way through August now, still no word on when this planned "interim update" will be released.

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
Looks like they aren't making the August date per their original annoucement. ~2weeks out it appears. I just beat the game too, played decent enough for me. I'll still check it out when it's updated.

• Reduced frame rate hitches
• Optimized system memory and VRAM usage
• Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
o Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB

• More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
o Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90
o Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain
o Added a “High” Texture Resolution value
o Added Texture Filtering option
o Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only)
o Added VRAM Usage Meter
o Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option

• Fixed low resolution texture bugs
• Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:

• Skipping the boot up splash screens
• DLC/Season Pass content
• Additional updates such as Photo Mode

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145592751466193037

Last edited:

morpheus305

Jan 31, 2010
When are these changes supposed to come? I bought this game for the pc a while but put off playing it cause of how bugged it was.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
When are these changes supposed to come? I bought this game for the pc a while but put off playing it cause of how bugged it was.

It was suppose to have been sometime in august, but they never really said a specific time.

They did release a small patch before pulling the game, it seemed to work for some people, i know it worked for me, as I had finished the game a while back

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
If I remember correctly I read from Gamespot that they will release patch somewhere in fall.

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
If I remember correctly I read from Gamespot that they will release patch somewhere in fall.

There was an interim update originally planned for August, no specific date was given. The list of fixes I posted above is for the interim update that will now be released in September. The full re-release of the retail PC version will be sometime in the Fall.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Well, apparently for a short time yesterday there was a Beta Patch available that provided many graphics options and, more importantly, provided smooth gameplay with 45-60 fps. My understanding is some skins that haven't worked or were not available, were now working in the beta patch.

Image of the new graphics setting screen in-game.

m9fIHPI.jpg

For some reason the patch was pulled from Steam later in the day, so they either found a critical bug, they didn't mean to put it out there or they're releasing a production fix soon.

Edit: Well, if you want to try the patch, some enterprising Steam player, made a .zip copy available for anyone to download. Just check the forums, it's on the front page.

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
The beta patch has been re-added to Steam - if any one cares....

I'm 71% into the story -but just not really feeling the urge to jump in again...

Last edited:

Eric1987

Mar 22, 2012
Can anyone get crossfire working properly for this game? I get tons of flickering. Smooth FPS though.