Arkham Knight

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Sounds like you have more budget than brains...LOL!

Nah, if he's got the cash and wants to spend it there's no reason not to. All of us spend stupid amounts of money on something someone else finds dumb.

I look at graphics cards as forced obsolescence though. I figured out long ago I don't need top of the line bleeding edge to play a game. Especially now when they are purposely staging graphics card releases on a planned schedule meant to keep prices up. The 'thought' that you need to have the equipment above to enjoy games is where the divide is, because you don't.

People forget that in the CRT era we already had higher resolution, but they accepted the downsizing of LCD resolution at 60hz and called it revolutionary when many of us were playing at 1200x 100+fps on CRT. Those same people are the ones saying they can't play under 1440 now 60FPS now. It's all technobabble sheeple BS. LCD is still nowhere near as good as CRT in terms of flexibility and framerate in its heyday. It is finally starting to get to the point that it is decent (or I'm just forgetting). The graphic side of the house has been very slow to progress because they WANT you to edge up every year.

I just refuse to do it.

It's an era of constant culture shock.

(all that said, I really need a new card this year :) )

Last edited:

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Think about how much more you would have had to spend on a machine to build one that would still be high end today.

Now imagine what you can build today with that difference.

;-P not sure 5 years ago they even made hardware that could still be considered on the higher end today. Pretty sure when I got my 460, the highest card out at the time was the 580.

I plan to spend a little more on my build this time around, only because based on my history, I tend to go a min of 4 years between builds. In 4 years from now, I'd like to still be able to at least play the top title games on medium settings or something...

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Yea, that sucks for those that wanted the game.
Hopefully, but most likely not, that devs will learn the lesson and not release a crap fest

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
The silver lining is that when it will come back it will work flawlessly on both family of gpus. And I am expecting free dlc or at least skins as a compensation.

I really loved the asylum. Couldn't get passed 5 hours in the Acity. And don't want to touch the A knight. Not because of technical problems but due to fighting /stealth mechanics and all.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
The silver lining is that when it will come back it will work flawlessly on both family of gpus. And I am expecting free dlc or at least skins as a compensation.

I really loved the asylum. Couldn't get passed 5 hours in the Acity. And don't want to touch the A knight. Not because of technical problems but due to fighting /stealth mechanics and all.

Don't count on it. From what I've read Rocksteady has taken over the port from the shitty contractor it was originally outsourced to, so that's promising, but given the extent of what's wrong with it I'm not sure if they can fix everything by September.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Don't count on it. From what I've read Rocksteady has taken over the port from the shitty contractor it was originally outsourced to, so that's promising, but given the extent of what's wrong with it I'm not sure if they can fix everything by September.

Honestly if they thought it was that much effort I have to wonder why they are even bothering. If it's because of the deal with nVidia, just put in some hacks to get it to a point where it is a stable 30 fps on Maxwell and call it a day.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003

Heh, free DLC/skins as compensation is a joke. They should return half of the purchase price to all buyers with proof of purchase, or provide some kind of equal credit. A couple crappy skins which amount to a dollar or two is meaningless.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Heh, free DLC/skins as compensation is a joke. They should return half of the purchase price to all buyers with proof of purchase, or provide some kind of equal credit. A couple crappy skins which amount to a dollar or two is meaningless.

Steam does refunds now...

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014

I think its difficult for them to track that since many codes were given *free* with NVIDIA cards. I got mine from them as well. Cant seem to get rid of the bloody thing.

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
Steam does refunds now...

Its the only reason why the game was taken off the digital stores. When steam refunds the customer they still take their cut from the publishers. So many people took refunds through steam WB actually started making loss..(read it on the internet)

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
To be honest after my first go at it and it gave me the troubles, I have been playing it fine since. I usually turn off motion blur, but have not tried it again since the mini patch they released before they pulled it.

This is with all settings at max / all gameworks stuff on

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
To be honest after my first go at it and it gave me the troubles, I have been playing it fine since. I usually turn off motion blur, but have not tried it again since the mini patch they released before they pulled it.

This is with all settings at max / all gameworks stuff on

I've put up a few videos on Youtube playing the game after the patch - and it's playable -but the framerate is all over the place and the texture streaming is a wreck...

Plus I upped my memory to 16gb - which helped in the cut scenes not going out of sync as did when I was running 8gb....

Last edited:

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
I like the Batmobile but there is TOO much off it, the freaking Riddler races to rescue Catwoman are driving me insane!

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I like the Batmobile but there is TOO much off it, the freaking Riddler races to rescue Catwoman are driving me insane!

Are you at the last race yet? You'll know because the riddler tells you he's saved the best for last or something like that. If not... good f'ing luck :D

That last race took me many MANY tries to get through.

Anomaly1964

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2010
Are you at the last race yet? You'll know because the riddler tells you he's saved the best for last or something like that. If not... good f'ing luck :D

That last race took me many MANY tries to get through.

I finally slowed down my MOUSE and that helped me control the car MUCH better...

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
With nVidia dumping Arkham Knight for MGSV, I have to wonder if WB will just cancel it completely if it's really that broken.

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
I wonder if they will give us an ETA for the interim August patch, or just release when they are ready

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000

codyray10

Apr 14, 2008
What bout those of us that have it already, will we get a patch?

Yes, it says in the article there will be an interim patch addressing some issues in August. No specific date was given. The re-release to retail will be in the fall.