Arizona Hotels Thriving Despite Boycotts Over Immigration Law

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Maybe people are vacationing in Arizona BECAUSE of the illegal hate. I sure as shit would if I had the money.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Maybe people are vacationing in Arizona BECAUSE of the illegal hate. I sure as shit would if I had the money.
Lol, Arizona this time of year would be perfect, you can sit inside an air conditioned room and watch Fox News right along with Rascal Nation:D

We can get rid of every single illegal and we'd still be in a world of shit here in the US, it wouldn't make that much of a significant difference except we'd have to pay more for produce and menial labor.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Sorry but that fox story does not tell anything. If you had half a brain you would see that.

"The data from hotel industry research firm STR showed that for the state of Arizona, hotel occupancy was up 5.7 percent in May and up 8.3 percent in June compared with the same time a year ago. "

Ok so what was it last year? If it was down 50% last year then 5.7 and 8.3 is next to nothing. Also what are other states doing? If others are up 20% on average then AZ would still be low. Maybe not due to this "boycott" but I guess since some have no brains this cartoon will help...

correlation.png

Yeah just like the 50% boost in Mountain Dew sales has NOTHING to do with the Starcraft 2 launch.

Wait..........
:hmm:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Lol, Arizona this time of year would be perfect, you can sit inside an air conditioned room and watch Fox News right along with Rascal Nation:D

Actually, above the Mogollon Rim is quite nice this time of year.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

We can get rid of every single illegal and we'd still be in a world of shit here in the US, it wouldn't make that much of a significant difference except we'd have to pay more for produce and menial labor.

A chunk of that extra cost will be kept back in the US.
Plus the uncovered costs will not longer exist to public facilities