Arizona elections chief seeks proof of Obama's citizenship

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Exactly, This is payback for barrack HUSSEIN obama allowing in illegal mexicans

Yet O'bummer has deported MORE illegal Mexicans and other illegal immigrants than Bush or Clinton, or Bush41, or Ronnie (give em amnesty) Rayguns...

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
It's not racism to believe that one race is inferior to another?

Yes, it is. The statement he posted was not racism. Show me anywhere, in any reputable dictionary, where racism is defined as only referring to blacks.

I double dog dare ya.

Are liberals stupid or what?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
No he hasn't, he caves in to special interest groups

http://www.christianpost.com/news/o...s-deported-in-2011-most-were-criminals-58537/

The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement has deported nearly 400,000 illegal immigrants during the 2011 fiscal year, which just ended in September. This has set a new record for the largest number of deportees in the agency’s history.

Under the Obama administration, Homeland Security announced new priorities to focus deportations of illegal immigrants on the following subgroups of people: convicted criminals, people who are potential national security threats, and people who have repeatedly crossed the border after having been asked to leave.

According to United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 55 percent of the 396,906 deported illegal immigrants were convicted of felonies or misdemeanors, and that the number of people convicted of crimes had increased by 89 percent since the 2008 fiscal year. It is considered a felony if an illegal immigrant returns to the United States or is found in the country after already having been asked to leave.

Included among the crimes of the almost 400,000 deported illegal immigrants were 5,800 sexual offenses, 80,000 drug-related and driving under the influence offenses, and 1,000 homicides.

Director of The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement John Morton stated that these figures were symbolic of the Obama administration’s “focus on sensible immigration.”

The number of deported illegal immigrants has increased from 116,782 in 2000. When President Obama assumed office, the percentage of criminal deportations was at 31 percent. The President endorsed the DREAM Act last year, which would have granted legal status to some children of illegal immigrants, but Congress rejected the Act.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2011/12/...ord-levels-most-latinos-oppose-obamas-policy/

Deportations have reached record levels under President Obama, rising to an annual average of nearly 400,0001 since 2009, about 30% higher than the annual average during the second term of the Bush administration and about double the annual average during George W. Bush’s first term.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/201...deported-more-million-unauthorized-immigrants

It's Official: Obama Has Deported More Than A Million Unauthorized Immigrants

On September 9, I wrote that the Obama administration, based on statistics from Immigration and Customs Enforcement, was nearing its millionth deportation. It seems I was only about three days off. According to Reuters, the administration hit that milestone on September 12. How does that compare with Obama's predecessor, George W. Bush? The answer, if you've been hearing Republicans accuse Obama of "backdoor amnesty" and holding the border hostage, may surprise you.

The Obama administration had deported about 1.06 million as of September 12, against 1.57 million in Bush's two full presidential terms.

That's right, Obama is on the verge of deporting more undocumented immigrants in a single term than Bush did his full eight years in office.

Kind of hard to argue when the numbers tell the true story.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-elections-chief-seeks-proof-obamas-citizenship-004619483.html

Is he requesting copies of birth certificates for all other candidates for President?

There is no other more appropriate response to this than a personal insult which the mods are trying to curb.

It was made law in AZ that all presidential candidates must provide a copy of the birth certificate.

So to answer your monumentally stupid question, yes, all candidate birth certificates are being gathered.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
There is no other more appropriate response to this than a personal insult which the mods are trying to curb.

It was made law in AZ that all presidential candidates must provide a copy of the birth certificate.

So to answer your monumentally stupid question, yes, all candidate birth certificates are being gathered.

Nope.

That bill was vetoed by Governor Brewer.

This action is Secretary of State Bennett's personal doing.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/2012/05/18/20120518arizona-secretary-of-state-obama-citizenship.html

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

I realize that the Arizona law requires all candidates to provide birth certificates, my question perhaps SHOULD have said, "IS the Arizona Secretary of State going to contact the states of all Presidential candidates to request copies of their birth certificates." (Gov. Brewer vetoed the bill, so birth certificates are NOT required...I'm actually surprised that she didn't sign the bill into law)

However, in spite of your personal attack, NOTHING in the Arizona law, (HB2177) directs the Secretary of State to contact another state to obtain the birth certificate...merely that the candidates and parties are required to provide them. (or suitable substitutes)

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/1r/bills/hb2177s.pdf

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Now come up with an article showing how many got in, how many were allowed to stay and how many got back in. The story is true but it's not even remotely representative of what's actually happening. It's a feel-good headline, nothing more. It's little more than political gamesmanship.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I realize that the Arizona law requires all candidates to provide birth certificates, my question perhaps SHOULD have said, "IS the Arizona Secretary of State going to contact the states of all Presidential candidates to request copies of their birth certificates." (Gov. Brewer vetoed the bill, so birth certificates are NOT required...I'm actually surprised that she didn't sign the bill into law)

However, in spite of your personal attack, NOTHING in the Arizona law, (HB2177) directs the Secretary of State to contact another state to obtain the birth certificate...merely that the candidates and parties are required to provide them. (or suitable substitutes)

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/50leg/1r/bills/hb2177s.pdf

I'm not sure if more than one or two other persons are interested in facts, but Bennet didn't ask for a birth certificate. He says (believing it or not is irrelevant) that a constituent is asking for conformation that Obama was born in HI. He's asking for an official response, not proof. People might want to read what's actually being sought. Brewer himself has said that he believes Obama to be legit in terms of eligibility. He's probably having someone rattle his cage and is doing this to get someone off his back.

On official letterhead-
I'm the clerk of records (or insert title here) and state that we have official records indicating that Obama was born...etc.

He signs and dates it, and gets it notarized if need be, then mails it back.

Finis.

Oh, in no case does Brewer say Obama's being allowed on the ballot is contingent on getting a response. He says "attempting to ascertain for a constituent" or like that, not "we need or else."

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I'm not sure if more than one or two other persons are interested in facts, but Brewer didn't ask for a birth certificate. He says (believing it or not is irrelevant) that a constituent is asking for conformation that Obama was born in HI. He's asking for an official response, not proof. People might want to read what's actually being sought. Brewer himself has said that he believes Obama to be legit in terms of eligibility. He's probably having someone rattle his cage and is doing this to get someone off his back.

On official letterhead-
I'm the clerk of records (or insert title here) and state that we have official records indicating that Obama was born...etc.

Finis.

"On behalf of a constituent..." Sure...

Ken Bennett, who is Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign co-chairman in Arizona, said he made the request on behalf of a constituent.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
"On behalf of a constituent..." Sure...

Note I said that is irrelevant? That's because it doesn't matter. Neither a birth certificate nor official substitution of documentation tantamount to proof is required. That's entirely different. Anyones like or dislike for the request doesn't change whats being asked for.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I'm not sure if more than one or two other persons are interested in facts, but Brewer didn't ask for a birth certificate. He says (believing it or not is irrelevant) that a constituent is asking for conformation that Obama was born in HI. He's asking for an official response, not proof. People might want to read what's actually being sought. Brewer himself has said that he believes Obama to be legit in terms of eligibility. He's probably having someone rattle his cage and is doing this to get someone off his back.

On official letterhead-

Finis.

Oh, in no case does Brewer say Obama's being allowed on the ballot is contingent on getting a response. He says "attempting to ascertain for a constituent" or like that, not "we need or else."

I think you mean Bennett, not Brewer.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
What publicly available form does one fill out to have the Secretary of State to get confirmation of someone's citizenship status?

And what law gives the Secretary of State the right to request such information?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Yet O'bummer has deported MORE illegal Mexicans and other illegal immigrants than Bush or Clinton, or Bush41, or Ronnie (give em amnesty) Rayguns...

What you're not adjusting for is that with the fucking mess that Obama made of our economy many illegal immigrants stopped fighting deportation and took the trip back home.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Err...

What law prevents Bennett from contacting HI about a matter concerning an election matter?

Dude, sometimes it's best to just say OOPS.

I'm waiting for Bennett to say "oops." IMO, he's overstepping his legal authority.

What you're not adjusting for is that with the fucking mess that Obama made of our economy many illegal immigrants stopped fighting deportation and took the trip back home.

err...I think you mean the mess Bush made of our economy that the Republicans refuse to help O'Bummer fix...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Can you show us the math for the adjustment and the new numbers?