Arizona (-1) favored over Browns

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
What's to get? A point spread is not based on who they think will win the game. Too many people take it too seriously.

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
And a one point spread basically means that Vegas has no idea who will win.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
The Browns have a huge track record of suck.

Everyone is still amazed and skeptical of their success.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
I hope the Browns lose, that way the Steelers will have a bigger lead in the division.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Home field advantage. If the teams were evenly matched it would be about -3 Ari

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
Originally posted by: Quintox
I hope the Browns lose, that way the Steelers will have a bigger lead in the division.

I don't think I've seen a Steelers fan worried of the Browns in a long while.

:D

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: BlackTigers91

Yeah, they shouldn't have any reason to worry unless they get beat by the Jets... or only put up 3 points in a game against the suckiest team in the NFL or something like that.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001

Yup. You get 3 points for the home field advantage, so Vegas is saying that the Browns are a slightly better team, but AZ is still favored to win because its in AZ.

That being said, I wouldn't bet this game in a million years. Both teams can put up huge points, and both have suspect defenses at times (though Cleveland's D is starting to look better each week). But both teams can easily lay an egg any given week too. So who knows.

If I had to bet, I'd take Cleveland

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Both teams can score. But will the Cleveland Defense show-up or Warner fumble in his own end-zone?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Injury

Yeah, they shouldn't have any reason to worry unless they get beat by the Jets... or only put up 3 points in a game against the suckiest team in the NFL or something like that.

Fish have lost 5-6 games by 3 points or less, they also put up 28 on NE. Not many teams would have scored at all on that field in those conditions.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Whats not to get? They have beaten the Seahawks, Lions, and Steelers among others. The Browns are over-rated.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: buck
Whats not to get? They have beaten the Seahawks, Lions, and Steelers among others. The Browns are over-rated.

Arizona also lost twice to SF. Now that is PATHETIC!

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: lilcam
have u seen the browns defense? it sucks.

Been playing better as of late. They do give up a lot of yards but they have started getting pressure on QBs, turnovers, and key stops on 3rd downs.

Browns have also lost 3 games on last second field goals. The only teams that have soundly beat them have been NE and Pitt.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Slick5150

Yup. You get 3 points for the home field advantage, so Vegas is saying that the Browns are a slightly better team, but AZ is still favored to win because its in AZ.

i believe it's two, but i could be wrong. either way, cleveland outscores their teams by 0.5pts, arizona by -.05 so cleveland would be favored if they were home/neutral field, but since arizona is home they are favored.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: sash1
Originally posted by: Slick5150

i believe it's two, but i could be wrong. either way, cleveland outscores their teams by 0.5pts, arizona by -.05 so cleveland would be favored if they were home/neutral field, but since arizona is home they are favored.

Nope. General rule of thumb is 3 points for home field advantage.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
The Browns are actually good for a change, the Cardinals are still the Cardinals. I've seen crazier things though. Miami is favored this weekend :Q

AZGamer

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
This is the safest bet I've seen in a long time - Browns take it easily - and I bet on that.

Lines were similar Browns/Ravens and Browns/Texans - and they own both of those. Granted, the Browns/Ravens game was a bit closer, but this is a safe bet, people just hate betting on the Browns. Once you've watched them, you realize that the combination of Cribbs creating field position and Anderson throwing to Winslow/Jerevicious/Edwards and Lewis running.... Cardinals are awful, in case no one noticed.