Arg, a proof, Pokemon is destroying our children lifes

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_101534.html?nav_src=newsIndexHeadline

Boy, 4, jumps out of window to fly like a Pokemon

Turkish authorities have warned parents after a four-year-old jumped out of a seventh floor window so he could fly like a Pokemon monster.

Amazingly the boy called Ferhin survived with just a broken left leg after falling more than 65 feet.

He told doctors in the southern town of Mersin: "I wanted to fly like a Pokemon."

The authorities are telling parents to warn their children of the dangers of copying the cartoon figures.

See, see, tell everyone you know, stop pokemon from killing everyone.
joshpokeball, you could be next

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
I think there is serious potential for a lawsuit. Weren't the people that produce Pokemon grossly negligent for not having a disclaimer about not acting out what Pokemon does in his cartoon. ;)

PH
:D

Jazar

Mar 27, 2000
Fun Toy Banned Because of Three Stupid Dead Kids

"The tragedy is inconceivable," Wizco president Alvin Cassidy said. "For years, countless children played with the Aqua Assault RoboFighter without incident. But then these three retards come along and somehow find a way to get themselves killed. So now we have to do a full recall and halt production on what was a really awesome toy. What a waste."

The third and arguably stupidest death occurred August 12, when 11-year-old dumbass Michael Torres held the RoboFighter above his head and jumped off the balcony of his family's third-story Torrance, CA, apartment, thinking he would be able to fly like Superman. "A couple of my fellow emergency workers thought we should cut the kid some slack, because at least he wasn't trying to eat the toy or shove it up his nose," said paramedic Debra Lindfors, who tried in vain to revive Torres. "I considered this for a while, but then I decided no. No way. If you're 11 years old, you should know that it's impossible to fly. And poor Wizco's probably going to go bankrupt because of this isht."

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Can't blame Pokemon. It is the kid's fault/mother's fault. Should have been looking after kid and if the child had these kind of tendincies she should have seeked help from a doctor of some sort.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I agree with josh that the parent should have been more aware of her child, and also with the person who said we should ban birds!

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
so if i run around fighting like batman and get my ass kicked (which would probably happen) does that mean i can sue wb? of course not!

Ne0

Golden Member
Nov 4, 1999
Pokemon is also popular over in Japan, yet you never hear these types of stories. It's all about upringing the particular child(s) involved.

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Arg, a proof, Pokemon is destroying our children lifes >>

joshpokeball is the only proof I need.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000

<< Pokemon >>

Strike 1.

<< Turkish >>

Strike 2.

<< survived >>

Strike 3. Your out.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
hmm, a 4 year old? aren't you a little too old to be interested in this crap joshpokeball?

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
I'm 14. I'm not interested in the American version. Personally, I love the Japanese version and I love anime/manga. The Japanese version may be slightly different than the American, but those small differences mean the most to me :)