Aren't most people pro-life?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chris2wire

Oct 20, 2004
Im pro-choice. The reason if you only live once, and you shouldnt have to throw it all away because you made a mistake.

Its selfish, but its true.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Thorny
Originally posted by: Baked
Are you a woman? Have you even been raped? Then STFU.

Have you ever been an aborted fetus?? :confused:

cuz a fetus would have the consciouness to be able to tell they were just killed.
the only people who should even think about being pro-life are both the religious zealots (damn them all though) and the vegans. if we think about it, a life that is ended through abortion might as well be considered a fish, because they have the brain the size of a fish and are completely undeveloped. 3rd trimester abortions I don't like except for health reasons, but any other time its not a human life, its a creature waiting to finish development to become a human. a fetus is not one of us, does not think like one of us, and if the person does not want to bear the child, thats the mothers decision. my opinion? donate that fetus to science instead of completely killing it though.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
I'm neutral on this issue. I think the fact that abortions are legal give teens more of an incentive to have unprotected sex. On the other hand, I don't believe in bringing up children where they will place the burden on society or that will be raised in a poor environment...in which case I do support abortions.

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: goku
:laugh:

Find the s!t sotrm you intetionally brewed pretty funny? I don't suspect this thread will survive much longer, it's nothing but flame bait.

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
The only people I can think of that aren't pro-life are people who are emo. We all are pro-life, heck we're all living...
:D

Yes and No

would like to be pregnant after being raped?

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: jjzelinski

Find the s!t sotrm you intetionally brewed pretty funny? I don't suspect this thread will survive much longer, it's nothing but flame bait.

I never said I was against abortion, just that I'm pro-life. Pro-life means that you're for life, the term is so vague that it really can mean anything. :laugh: :D

Thorny

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
Originally posted by: destrekor

cuz a fetus would have the consciouness to be able to tell they were just killed.
the only people who should even think about being pro-life are both the religious zealots (damn them all though) and the vegans. if we think about it, a life that is ended through abortion might as well be considered a fish, because they have the brain the size of a fish and are completely undeveloped. 3rd trimester abortions I don't like except for health reasons, but any other time its not a human life, its a creature waiting to finish development to become a human. a fetus is not one of us, does not think like one of us, and if the person does not want to bear the child, thats the mothers decision. my opinion? donate that fetus to science instead of completely killing it though.

:cookie:

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: destrekor

:cookie:

OOOO

Thank you for reminding me! The GF left me cookies!!!

< trots down to kitchen :D

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Rock Hydra
I'm not pro life-per se. I don't condone the action. If I got a girl knocked up, I wouldn't want her to get an abortion, but it'd be her choice ultimately. And other people, I don't really care. They have to live with their decisions.

hear hear.

i am pro-choice, but after about the 15th week, it's murder as far as i'm concerned.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Legend
1st trimester, there is no consciousness. It is not human life, but merely has the potential. Thus pro-choice. It may be bad circumstances for the woman to have a child, and I'm pro-life for her.

Anything later it becomes blurry. Thus pro-life.

consciousness comes at around the 24th week.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
This thread is worthless without a poll.

Bah, it's all P/N crap anyway... :|

Thorny

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
I'm for equal rights. When they start letting the father choose to have an abortion, I'll give in. As for a woman aborting a child that a man wants, I say nay. Same goes for a woman keeping a child a man doesnt want and then MAKING him be accountable for it.

Equal Rights FTW!!!

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I'm pro-cake. Pie can suck a nut. If you like pie, you are wrong.

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I'd consider myself pro-adoption. Seems to me a better option than abortion when there are many couples out there that are willing to adopt.

Having an abortion as a form of birth control to me is disgusting and immoral. Give it up for adoption.

Having an abortion due to pregnacy by rape or due to medical reasons to me is acceptable.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: acemcmac
I am pro-death. I want the authority to conduct my own summary executions of anyone I see fit... raising the abortion age to 90 if you will.

No kidding. Give me a license to kill.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: acemcmac
Nobody liked my pro-death joke?

That was a joke? Damn, and I was gonna give you a :thumbsup:.

I guess I'll give the :thumbsup: to jules

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I've always thought pro-life and pro-choice were stupid terms... pro-abortion and anti-abortion make a lot more sense. But anti sounds bad, so they had to come up with a way to make it sound more positive. No idea why they chose pro-choice instead of pro-abortion.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
I'm for equal rights. When they start letting the father choose to have an abortion, I'll give in. As for a woman aborting a child that a man wants, I say nay. Same goes for a woman keeping a child a man doesnt want and then MAKING him be accountable for it.

Equal Rights FTW!!!
Because in that scenario, the women are probably cheap dirtbags who are just looking for some child support money so she can spend it on cigarettes and booze while neglecting the child + welfare money.