Area 51

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
I'm watching this right now.

edit = How the hell would one know what planet and what star system a craft came from?

humanoid alien?

Faillllll..>!!!

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Haven't you seen the movie Independence Day?

Do yourself a favor and rent this Michael Moore documentary.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Things that we deserve to know about completely, but assholes are keeping from us. Aside from that over-generalizing obvious truth, I haven't the slightest clue.

Mar 16, 2005
Bob Lazar had Majestic 12 (38 levels above top secret) clearance. Check out the picture of his badge and scan of his W2 on his wikipedia page.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Truman: "Whistlin dixy! I want this sent to Area 51 for study!"
General: "But Sir! That's where we're building our fake moon landing set."
Truman: "Then we'll have to really land on the moon. Invent NASA and tell them to get off their fannies!"

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: mundane
Truman: "Whistlin dixy! I want this sent to Area 51 for study!"
General: "But Sir! That's where we're building our fake moon landing set."
Truman: "Then we'll have to really land on the moon. Invent NASA and tell them to get off their fannies!"

The President's gaging on my gas bladder, I'm so honored!

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Printer Bandit
Bob Lazar had Majestic 12 (38 levels above top secret) clearance. Check out the picture of his badge and scan of his W2 on his wikipedia page.

You are joking right. There is no level above TS, i know i have TS clearance and work for the Gov in DC.

Oh and heres what the FBI did when they thought soemone was runnign around with TS papers that were marked Majestic 12...

Majestic12

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Marlin1975

You are joking right. There is no level above TS, i know i have TS clearance and work for the Gov in DC.

Oh and heres what the FBI did when they thought soemone was runnign around with TS papers that were marked Majestic 12...

Majestic12

That just sounds silly. "38 levels above top secret" :laugh:

And Marlin what's a top secret security badge/card look like ...:camera:'s please - and could you go into Area 51?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Acanthus
The last thing i read about it said that it is believed to be largely shut down.

"activity" has dramatically gone down since the 80s.

thats what they want you to think... /cue x-files music

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Josh

Majestic12

And Marlin what's a top secret security badge/card look like ...:camera:'s please - and could you go into Area 51?

Just like any other. There are numbers on it. Mine has a large S3 which is TS. S2 secret and so forth. Just walk near any gov office and look at their badge. All look the same and we now have a little chip on it with our info.
And no I can't go anywhere. Just because you have TS does not mean everything is for your eyes. And if its not for your eyes and/or has anything to do with your job DS will be all over you. I can;t just walk into C.Rices office and sit at her desk when she is out. I could not even get that far.
Tv/Movies make it sound like having TS means you can do, see, and go anywhere in the Gov. But that is not the case. Gettign TS is a pain I can tell you that. And if you lose your clearance you lose your job. So having it can be a hegative as we have got rid of people by getting their clerance revoked.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Bob Lazar had Majestic 12 (38 levels above top secret) clearance.
lol, did he know the secret handshake and have the decoder ring too?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

Lower the Cone of Silence

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004

Majestic12

Just like any other. There are numbers on it. Mine has a large S3 which is TS. S2 secret and so forth. Just walk near any gov office and look at their badge. All look the same and we now have a little chip on it with our info.
And no I can't go anywhere. Just because you have TS does not mean everything is for your eyes. And if its not for your eyes and/or has anything to do with your job DS will be all over you. I can;t just walk into C.Rices office and sit at her desk when she is out. I could not even get that far.
Tv/Movies make it sound like having TS means you can do, see, and go anywhere in the Gov. But that is not the case. Gettign TS is a pain I can tell you that. And if you lose your clearance you lose your job. So having it can be a hegative as we have got rid of people by getting their clerance revoked.

Then why are you talking so openly about your clearance? Isn't that a good way to lose your clearance, and thus, your job?

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Safeway

Majestic12

Then why are you talking so openly about your clearance? Isn't that a good way to lose your clearance, and thus, your job?

I still want pics of badge

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004

Majestic12

Yea, not sure I believe someone talking so openly about TS clearance. One of my family members recently went from SWAT to Secret Service, and he hardly talks to family about it. I highly doubt a TS clearance government employee would rave about it on AnandTech.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999

Majestic12

Haha, there isn't a uniform TS badge. Basically, there's a system that keeps track of everyone's clearance and where they are assigned to. Like Marlin said, there isn't anything over TS. There's compartments that you can be assigned if you have the need to know, but that's it.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999

Majestic12

Yea, not sure I believe someone talking so openly about TS clearance. One of my family members recently went from SWAT to Secret Service, and he hardly talks to family about it. I highly doubt a TS clearance government employee would rave about it on AnandTech.

This is all public, unclassified knowledge. You can infer several things from the statements that are made here, but we aren't providing anyone with classified information.

BTW, I currently have a TS/SCI clearance. Also, I haven't seen Marlin's badge before, we had different colors to specify clearance level. I believe different locations/directorates do it differently.