Discussion Are you voting 3rd party for president in 2020

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
For anyone who is/will vote for a 3rd presidential candidate, what made you chose them? What specific policy ideas earned your vote?

I have already mailed my ballot in, voted for Biden and have never considered voting for a 3rd party.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Our Governor, Larry Hogan, who I thought was the last remaining decent Republican, wrote in Ronald Reagan on his ballot this week.

Yep, he literally wrote in " dead retard baby Trump" because he was too proud of a man to vote for a literal fascist dickscarf like Trump, so he voted for the long dead demon ganglion of hellshit that made Trump possible: Ronald shitfucker Reagan.

So, fuck that guy.

This is the problem with republicans: they have long-idolized hollywood portraits of false masculinity, false honor, and false leadership, all of them jacked up on crazy pills and MLM-inspired brain capture. None of them are religious, not to what they think Christianity is, anyway. They are illiterate mud people, born of fear and the toxic runoff of their fathers and mothers that never believed "the eggheads" that the 50-70s soil, poisoned by lead runoff, was really a big deal. They were raised on this dirt. Lead paint, lead soil, leaded gasoline...they were the ones mewling at the "evil government" for removing the precious lead from their water, their soil, and their walls, "that never was a problem." The evil "Eggheads" ruined the AMERICUH Car Industry! (by making it not kill them, more efficient, more reliable, better performing, and every possible "better" metric that matters--you know, that thing called "progress" which actually has no negative connotations that language, culture, and understanding of history could ever really understand)

They were the ones raised on the runoff of food processing plants rendering their fatty sludge into the water supply; the steel plants seeping into the Cuyahoga, turning their drinking water on fire...they were raised by this and never believed that it was real--that the people telling them what was happening were always wrong...and they, the mud people, the lead paint eaters, are now the base of the republican party. Their children are.

And they are literally this fucking stupid. You can see it in their faces. The slight tilt to the left side of their faces, as it sloughs off, ever so slightly. The fading glint in their eye. The lack of chin. The part in their hair sliding too far off the cranium. There's something going on, and you know they're terrified, and it's sad, but they don't care. They blame you, They blame everyone else. Not the parents that fed them TV dinners and paint chips, but the brown people. The immigrants. the "wetbacks" and the "chinks." All those that deserve their hate, but clearly never earned it. Those that worked their entire lives to actually escape misery and make their lives better. These contemporary republicans don't understand that. They were born into shit, they were fed shit, they were taught that they deserve shit and that the only way to get more shit is to hate everyone that isn't them.

Trump was given to them, and he told them everything that they needed to finish themselves off. And so we have lifelong incurable cancers like @OILFIELDTRASH and @imported_tajmahal and @SaltyNuts that will just eat whatever grenade-primed feces is forced into their neckholes, to regurgitate that slime out, like some endless puss volcano of hatred and prideful ignorance; personal misery translated into hate for everything outside them, everyone that patiently explained to them why their shit world is shit and why they made it so, what they can do to fix it...but actual work and sacrifice is anathema to them. The generations of soldiers that lived and died long before them, to protect their current way of life, giving up the very best years of their lives, so that they could live and hate everything about themselves and around them, call those previous generations cucks and suckers for doing exactly that, so that they could welcome it all back. These fucking republicans today, the worst humans that this world has ever created, they want to wake up all the evil that the world has sought to destroy, simply because they are lazy, incurably stupid, and terrified of their own pants-shitting shadows. It is that fucking simple.

Over the top, even for you, even for here, vituperative callout of 3 members not participating in the thread. Not your first time.

admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
For anyone who is/will vote for a 3rd presidential candidate, what made you chose them? What specific policy ideas earned your vote?

I have already mailed my ballot in, voted for Biden and have never considered voting for a 3rd party.
I've done it in the past but voted for Hillary in 16 and will vote for Joe in 20. This is too critical to mess around. I want the Democratic party to get an irrefutable mandate, kick the Republican party to the curb where they will be washed into the sewers where they belong.

Edit: Yes, and pack the fucking court, ye Democrats! We're talking about survival here.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

NO, protest votes, and that is all they are, got us into this fucking mess in the first place. NOBODY gives a damn if these factions get some votes, especially those that gained office because people chose to throw their vote away.

This may be different on the local slates, but on the national stage, it is pissing into an F5 tornado.

Reactions: Pohemi and Muse

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I saw someone mentioned they liked Jo Jorgensen in another thread and realized I have no idea who she is. I looked her up and as she is Libertarian I expect she is a nut or has talking points with no plan but I don't know anything about her. I don't waste time researching someone who has no chance of winning and was just wondering if I am missing out in a hidden gem.

I would not mind investing time and money in someone who I thought had good ideas even if did not vote for them.

Reactions: TheVrolok

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I saw someone mentioned they liked Jo Jorgensen in another thread and realized I have no idea who she is. I looked her up and as she is Libertarian I expect she is a nut or has talking points with no plan but I don't know anything about her. I don't waste time researching someone who has no chance of winning and was just wondering if I am missing out in a hidden gem.

I would not mind investing time and money in someone who I thought had good ideas even if did not vote for them.
If you don't have ranked choice voting, your vote for a third party candidate is exactly the same as a vote for whichever candidate you think is the worst.

Reactions: Pohemi and MtnMan

ksosx86

Sep 27, 2012
I think I read once somewhere that statistically there is a percentage of people that write in "Mickey Mouse" - beats me and no I did not write that on my ballot. I filled in Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and for good measure added no to every Judge as well. We need more term limits. Without checking (malign me if you must) I went down one by one and voted against every Judge on my ballot. I live in Arizona - chances are there's a likelihood many of them were nutsy-kookoo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse
Feb 4, 2009
This is the most pure either or election I have witnessed. Tossing your vote away on some mythical 3rd person is foolish or simply not brave see what @zinfamous said about his Governor.
I haven’t felt this way about previous election cycles and I may not ever again. Regardless here we are either you want more of what we’ve had for the previous 4 years or you don’t. One of the other Biden or Trump.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
In a solid blue state I could do so, but this is a referendum on ending the Trump Error. I want my vote to count in the popular vote total.
Exactly my thinking. Even though I live in ultra-blue California, I'm voting Biden/Harris to up their vote total, also bolstering the sense of a mandate going forward. This year is a referendum on showing Trump the exit. That's not to say I don't have a lot of confidence in the Democratic presidential ticket.

Reactions: Pohemi

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Like @ch33zw1z I live in MA so I could vote 3rd party if I wanted to, it wouldn't matter to the final results. But I won't. Not voting for Trump and going with Biden IS MY PROTEST VOTE!

Reactions: Pohemi and Muse

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I have a feeling when people wanted to say heck with America and let it burn, Trumpism isn't what they had in mind. So the 3rd party voters are almost down to 2%.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
TBH I have heard exactly nothing before this thread about 3rd party POTUS candidates in this election, and I live where that kind of thing usually gets a lot of traction. Green, especially. I suppose they have one but no way would I not vote against the Trumpitus Ruckus that's been ravaging America, and that means voting for Biden. If you're for Trump you're a Chump... with a capital C.

Reactions: Pohemi