Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Man, where do they dig up these contestants. They end up doing OK but if you listen to them reason it out, you just want to poke your eardrums out to shut out the stupidness. heh heh. And it's the same every week....

Oceandevi

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2006
How about : Can you beat up a 5th grader? But have giant 5th graders vs tiny dudes. Yes! I am rich now!

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Watching this show eats me up inside. France, bitch, France!

hahaha yeah no kidding.

"I know it's not France because they're not good at fighting and they could never last 100 years"

The answer is: FRANCE

Classic.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: LikeLinus
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Watching this show eats me up inside. France, bitch, France!

hahaha yeah no kidding.

"I know it's not France because they're not good at fighting and they could never last 100 years"

The answer is: FRANCE

Classic.

The funny part is that France did do pretty badly until Henry V died.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
I actually like the first or secdon question about if a Platypus was a mammal. Her reasoning was something like:

A platypus lives underwater so you'd think it was a fish but it's not...

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
And she was the valedictorian?
I thought it was funny that all the kids said either carbon or water as the most abundant elements in the universe.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I watched 2 episodes. I couldn't stand it. I was convinced that the contestants are actually actors - no one could really be that stupid in real life, can they?? The purpose of the show is to make stupid people feel smart when they're watching it on tv.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza
I watched 2 episodes. I couldn't stand it. I was convinced that the contestants are actually actors - no one could really be that stupid in real life, can they?? The purpose of the show is to make stupid people feel smart when they're watching it on tv.

Well, you know how they have the try-outs for Jeopardy and such, right? Maybe they're deliberately picking the bottom of the barrel for their contestants.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

Well, you know how they have the try-outs for Jeopardy and such, right? Maybe they're deliberately picking the bottom of the barrel for their contestants.

What do they do? Wait near the doors at the tryouts, looking for the person with a frustrated expression on his face because the door says "Push" and he keeps pulling and thinks it's locked? I'd think that anyone who could actually show up for tryouts would be too smart for that show.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Theres' a lot of things from that show that i remember learning, but can't quite recall, since i haven't actually USED that information since i was in the 5th grade.....i only get about 90% right, sadly... :(

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
i can't help but think the producers encourage the contestants to explain out all their answers and "struggle" just to add drama and make the show last longer.

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005

With answers like this that can be the only plausible reasoning.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: xeemzor

With answers like this that can be the only plausible reasoning.

Oh wow. That's really sad. And look at all those other videos on the side too. heh. This should be fun.