Are you doing what you love to do

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: lokiju
Not even close.

But I don't know what I'd want to do that I love, isn't fixing computers though.

same here. all through HS i was into computers and thought getting a job working on/with them would be awesome. fast forward a few years and i can't wait to get out. should have kept it my hobby.

have no clue what i really want to do.
Hehe, silly :p
I decided to keep computers as a hobby, and I'm doing archaeology and classics at university because I enjoy them, so yes, I am doing one of the things I want to do, and I'm glad I am. The only other thing I wanted to do was chemistry instead, but it's too late to switch.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Standing applause to those who can just stop everything and pursue their unattainable goal. I admire that.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Alienwho
You're not the only one. Every day I dream about dropping out of school, moving to hawaii (or somewhere in mexico or the carribean) and become a scuba instructor/Surf bum. EVERY DAY.

DO IT

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
Mechanical engineer here. Finished my masters last year.
Up until very recently, I hated it. Finally I have given in and I look at my job as only a way to sustain my life outside of work. It took me almost four years to realize that I just have to look at it as a paycheck.

There are so many other things that I would rather be doing.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I got 25 year until I retire,unless the arsholes in the Governmant change this again.

Ausm

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I enjoy what I do, but never enjoyed everything that goes with it. Business can be brutal, and all the stress that comes along with it can be almost too much at times.

That said, the best time in my life has been while working on projects. That might sound odd to some, but working on projects with friends can be an incredibly fulfilling experience. I basically spend my days working with my best friends, traveling the country (sometimes abroad, but not as often), working with clients and finding creative ways to solve problems. We work hard and party harder. These experience have been, for me at least, far more profound than anything I ever experienced in school.

I consider myself to be exceptionally lucky, but it was an enormous amount of hard work as well.