Are You Concerned about the Fiscal Cliff?

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by TalonStrike, Nov 29, 2012.

?

Are You Concerned about the Fiscal Cliff?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Doc Savage Fan

Republicans are willing to offer $895B of tax revenue increases over 10 years...but Obama wants $1.6T now. Dems say they will cut spending by $400B (that comes later!) but want an additional $50B stimulus package.

Dems are obviously not seriously negotiating.

Dems seem to be increasing OK with our country going over the fiscal cliff. It that sparks another recession, I'm sure they'll find a way to blame Republicans.

#26 Doc Savage Fan, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. MiniDoom

MiniDoom Diamond Member

Rep should just let the dems do whatever they want. when the economy's still in the trash in 4 years, obama will have no one to blame. cant blame bush in 2016.

3. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

You are in the minority on this rant check this out.....

The poll also indicates that the GOP is not exactly bargaining from a position of strength. Fifty-three percent of the country has an unfavorable view of the Republican Party; only 42% want to see congressional Republican have more influence than the president over the direction the nation takes in the next two years. And seven in ten say the GOP has not done enough to cooperate with Obama.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sYGYDw&usg=AFQjCNFiWRs6l_genLw7WXE1XdLpuXU4ZQ

4. Pr0d1gy

Pr0d1gy Diamond Member

Not only that but Dems remember the last time they worked with the Repubs while they held the top office (Clinton), because they ended up talking Clinton into repealing Glass-Steagall...probably the stupidest thing our government has done since the Great Depression.

5. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

Agreed The Repeal of Glass-Steagall was a Republican idea that Clinton jumped on board which ushered in TBTF and the biggest crash of our Financial System since the Great Depression. The Republicons have such GREAT ideas....o_O:rolleyes: I don't give Clinton a pass for being stupid enough to sign it into law either. In his defense he on record saying that signing this law was a "mistake"...a very costly mistake for Americans indeed.

#30 Ausm, Nov 30, 2012
  6. Doc Savage Fan

It wasn't a rant. But, to spite my face, I am getting to the point that I hope Dems get exactly what they're asking for.

7. piasabird

piasabird Lifer

The people voted for mr tax and spend so tax the hell out of everyone.

That is what they voted for, so sock it to them.

8. piasabird

piasabird Lifer

Take away Air Force One from the president as part of the military cuts.

Then take away all the free health care from the President and Congress.

Term limits would be nice too.

9. ShreddedWheat

ShreddedWheat Senior member

I'm not rich but middle of the road middle class living. I'm fine with paying slightly higher taxes....IF the govt makes cuts in areas of welfare (when there are for hire signs in most windows of businesses there are jobs available), cut down on food stamps, etc.... I'm fine with paying more taxes when the lazy get off their asses and start working and govt quit giving handouts to illegals!

10. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

None the less you are wrong.....

11. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

The non Fox watching people have spoken.....I can see by your comments you are a Fox minion. ;)

12. Doc Savage Fan

Do you actually think it's good faith negotiations to demand everything you want up-front ($1.6T tax increases and $50B additional stimulus spending) in exchange for the promise of $400B of undisclosed spending cuts sometime in the future?

13. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

I believe that President Obama bent over backwards for those bastards to no avail and this statement is supported by the polling. I also believe the Democrats have the Republicans by the short hairs which is making me especially giddy today.

14. Doc Savage Fan

Just how has Obama "bent over backwards" on the fiscal cliff issue?

15. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

Oh were you in a coma during the "Grand Bargain" fiasco?

16. Doc Savage Fan

Please answer my question with specifics.

17. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

Your honestly not aware that the Republicans said they would walk away from any deal that had 10 parts cuts to 1 part revenue?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzGZj32LYc

Here are the Grand bargain detail that I'm not going to waste my time rehashing recent history with you but you can read about it here....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/01/m...-who-killed-the-debt-deal.html?pagewanted=all

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/obama-romney-clash-over-grand-bargain-proposals/

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/politics-news/obama-and-boehner-debt-talks-the-grand-bargain.html

Obviously my Fellow Americans were following these negotiations much closer than you were hence the results of the polls....

#42 Ausm, Nov 30, 2012
  18. Doc Savage Fan

I ask you for specifics regarding how Obama was "bending over backwards" in current negotiations. Is this question just too difficult for you to grasp?

19. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

You obviously haven't read a thing I posted....Color me surprised! Let me cut to the chase he put the Big three up for the Repuglicants to gut AND THEY STILL WALKED AWAY. That made ALL Liberals go Fetal but we soon recovered when the Repugs were to damn stupid to take the deal. ;)

Read the article Guber....

20. Doc Savage Fan

I asked for specifics and you give me links to figure out your answer. That's horseshit and I'm done.

I personally don't think you're capable of rational discussion.

#45 Doc Savage Fan, Nov 30, 2012
  21. Jadow

Jadow Diamond Member

bring it on

22. Ausm

Ausm Lifer

I can't help that you can't wrap your Republican mind around reality...this seems to be a major problem in your party. I have illustrated thoroughly that the GOP are a joke when it comes to being honest brokers and as you could (probably) see from the polling data that i am correct in this assumption. Go home and spoon with your Ronnie Raygun doll and things will be better....

#47 Ausm, Nov 30, 2012
  23. Lithium381

Lithium381 Lifer

i could get behind that. . . though 500 could even be 400!

24. Lithium381

Lithium381 Lifer

the (R)'s are being idiots on this one, giving back the top two brackets to a what, 3% increase on both? That's their sticking point? Although, the (D)'s want 3% NOW! whereas the matching proposed spending cuts would be a 3% reduction in spending increases over 10 years . . . hardly a fair trade if you're looking for parity . . .

25. Fern

Fern Elite Member <br> Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

He doesn't know what he is talking about. Bob Woodward wrote a book about it. Actually, Reid and Boehner had reached a compromise, Obama nixed it. And contrary to what Obama claimed in the debates, it was his administration that came up with whole 'fiscal cliff' idea. Following Obama's erroneous claim in the debate, Woodward then wrote an article claiming Obama was wrong.

Fern