Are we just Bush shell shocked???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Atreus21
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Bush voters that are voting for McSame, please look at yourselves. Your lack of judgment and upside down intuitive lack of perceptions have ruined the nation. Please stop having opinions or vote the opposite of whatever they are. Stop being the cause of the disaster that's befallen us. A fool is somebody who, when he shoots one foot off proceeds to shoot of the other. Please stop being stupid dick-headed f@cks.

A fine example of a solid liberal argument: Insults, generalizations, disdain. Couldn't have made a better expose myself.

On the contrary, I think liberals are the ones lacking an understanding of historical context. But that's my opinion.

Aren't liberals and democrats supposed to support diversity of opinion and lifestyle, and be non-judgemental and non-discriminatory? Apparently only as long as I don't disagree with you. Gimme a break man. You champion the causes of equal rights for all, but posts like this make me think, honestly, that you'd take away my right to vote if you could.

I said "please" look. I know you can't. You have done so much damage and been so wrong your egos won't let you. You have to be very strong to take on such emotional pain, or rather awaken to the fact you actually do suffer just such pain unconsciously.

So not only would I do nothing to take your right to be a fool away, I can't. Only you can. Please try. You are already as much of a fool as you fear you can become. It's just that you don't see it. You are a fool. It's not an insult. It's a fact. Hating fools would only blind me to my own foolishness.

Is this what passes for intelligent, open-minded discourse in liberal circles?

No. calling Moombeam the representative of all liberals is like calling Fallwel/Robertson and their ilk accurate representations of the conservative dogma.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Bush voters that are voting for McSame, please look at yourselves. Your lack of judgment and upside down intuitive lack of perceptions have ruined the nation. Please stop having opinions or vote the opposite of whatever they are. Stop being the cause of the disaster that's befallen us. A fool is somebody who, when he shoots one foot off proceeds to shoot of the other. Please stop being stupid dick-headed f@cks.

A fine example of a solid liberal argument: Insults, generalizations, disdain. Couldn't have made a better expose myself.

On the contrary, I think liberals are the ones lacking an understanding of historical context. But that's my opinion.

Aren't liberals and democrats supposed to support diversity of opinion and lifestyle, and be non-judgemental and non-discriminatory? Apparently only as long as I don't disagree with you. Gimme a break man. You champion the causes of equal rights for all, but posts like this make me think, honestly, that you'd take away my right to vote if you could.

I said "please" look. I know you can't. You have done so much damage and been so wrong your egos won't let you. You have to be very strong to take on such emotional pain, or rather awaken to the fact you actually do suffer just such pain unconsciously.

So not only would I do nothing to take your right to be a fool away, I can't. Only you can. Please try. You are already as much of a fool as you fear you can become. It's just that you don't see it. You are a fool. It's not an insult. It's a fact. Hating fools would only blind me to my own foolishness.

This is P&N! Actual arguments are second to insults. I thought you knew?

If I can refrain, I thought others might be similarly inclined.

you have much to learn, grasshopper.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I did not involve the Palin factor.
If Mccain should win, I figure we will get a solid 4 years out of him.
Possibly those Palin yahoo supporters do wish for a Mccain health disaster?
Mccain is like an old faithful truck. Just keep it lubed, oiled and the tires inflated,
and you should get a few years more out of it.

Now... 2012 is the question as to Palin. If Mccain went for a second term,
and no doubt kept Palin onboard, would Palin become more of a factor?
Or, could she gain enough "on the job experience" by 2012?
Would republicans consider her as #1 in 2012 if Mccain chose not to run?

Or... Maybe Obama is the best route to take here. :thumbsup:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I have seen where you will not look. The price I paid was everything I was ever taught that I held of value.
Your personal journey doesn't necessarily make you more enlightened...many of us have probably lost faith in our own particular ideology at some point, but no reason to abandon your core principles if the opposing ideology is equally flawed.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: sportage
I did not involve the Palin factor.
If Mccain should win, I figure we will get a solid 4 years out of him.
Possibly those Palin yahoo supporters do wish for a Mccain health disaster?
Mccain is like an old faithful truck. Just keep it lubed, oiled and the tires inflated,
and you should get a few years more out of it.

Now... 2012 is the question as to Palin. If Mccain went for a second term,
and no doubt kept Palin onboard, would Palin become more of a factor?
Or, could she gain enough "on the job experience" by 2012?
Would republicans consider her as #1 in 2012 if Mccain chose not to run?

Or... Maybe Obama is the best route to take here. :thumbsup:

The presidency is an extremely stressful, taxing job that is historically bad for one's health. Look at pics of Clinton before and post presidency. Look at him in his first term then his second. Even Bush has put on more years than normal aging would induce. Hell, Obama has added some significant grayage in his head throughout this campaign--primary and general. Look at the famous Lincoln pics pre-Civil War and after (arguably the most stressed-out president in history).

McCain is the oldest person to ever run for the position. He is not in spectacular health. Even his surviving 4 years in this position could be a stretch.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
I have seen where you will not look. The price I paid was everything I was ever taught that I held of value.
Your personal journey doesn't necessarily make you more enlightened...many of us have probably lost faith in our own particular ideology at some point, but no reason to abandon your core principles if the opposing ideology is equally flawed.

Your problem is that your scope and range of possiblities is limited to "this" and "it's opposite", to black and white.

Barack the Magic Half Negro must really make your registers overflow. ;)

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
Originally posted by: ebaycj
Originally posted by: glugglug
No one can call Obama stupid or less than a smart guy. The same with McCain.
You must not be talking about the McCain that is running for office.

McCain did graduate near the bottom of his class, right ?

I would take anyone graduating from an Academy than from a Ivy league school

They have better training in leadership and stress. Part of their schooling is designed to see if they will crack under pressure, make the best choice they can with the information avaiable and go forward.

the implicit argument is that McCain would never have made it into, let alone through the academy had he not been a McCain. Rolling stone (yeah i know) did a big biography/hitpeice on the deal, as well as most of the rest of his life.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Your problem is that your scope and range of possiblities is limited to "this" and "it's opposite", to black and white
Why I quantified my statement by specifically calling out core values...it is possible to shift in stance on fringe issues without deviating from your core values.

Barack the Magic Half Negro must really make your registers overflow
The magic aspect of Obama is what worries me...I have no problem with the notion of a black President...I have no problem with the notion of Obama winning the Presidency...my fear is that Obama the President will be very different from Obama the candidate...I hope I am wrong, and that he is able to usher in an era of change and bi-partisan cooperation...but I am skeptical, because his voting record does not scream populist moderate.

My read on Obama...he is a brilliant speaker that strategically leveraged the power of the Web2.0 era (built by the Dean campaign I might add) to run a very effective campaign...in that aspect he is quite competent...at the end of the day, he is still just another liberal Senator. I am not sure that liberal Senator + liberal supermajority in Congress is what we want leading the country during an economic downturn. Again, I hope I am wrong, but history doesn't give me much cause for optimism.

Taejin

Moderator<br>Love & Relationships
Aug 29, 2004

I have no idea. I am a member of no circle open minded, intelligent, or otherwise. I do all my own thinking and tell you what I know. You are not being insulted. You are being described. I know you already feel like a fool. I know you hate yourself and any reflection that is true of you, you will feel as an insult. It is why you are a fool. You are trapped by the feeling you are a fool fearing being exposed, and of course, all you do is reveal that fact in everything you do. You will always be a fool until you have the courage to be one. I can see into your dark because I have looked into mine.

bolded for lulz