Are they coming out with a new Quake?

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
http://www.digg.com/gaming_new...Quake_5_or_Quake_Arena

Linked.

What I get from the reading is that Quake Zero will be a "add on" with some tweaks for Multiplayer and the new Quake Arena will be...well a new Quake Arena.

Sounds great for all the multiplayer people. Though ID or any other developer don't look like they'll be making another single player game until "Tech 5" comes out or "Rage".

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Tech 5 isn't going to have a game before 2009, meaning Rage will be one of the first to use it.

And no, no new Qauke afaik. Exept for the qauke zero thingy, which is going to be playable using a browser I think I read.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Here is a link to the transcript of Carmack's Quakecon 07 speech. He does mention that there will be a new Quake Arena coming sometime.

Apr 29, 2007
id now has 2 dev teams. the 2nd one, after finishing quake0, will move onto a new quake arena game on idtech5 with the competitive gaming scene in mind.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
The Quake franchise is too big and too well known for them to ignore. We'll likely see a Quake title on every major ID engine until they go out of business or get bought out. :p

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Bateluer
The Quake franchise is too big and too well known for them to ignore. We'll likely see a Quake title on every major ID engine until they go out of business or get bought out. :p

Carmack didn't make a deal with satan just to be bought out :p