Are they any newer rock bands someone could recommend me?

myusername

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2003
You will need to describe the type of music you seek or the type you like or you will get a crapload of stuff you aren't interested in.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
POD. Snuff the Punk and later were all good albums, especially their latest.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: myusername
You will need to describe the type of music you seek or the type you like or you will get a crapload of stuff you aren't interested in.

you mean rock? :confused:

mehmetmunur

Jul 28, 2004
Audioslave=Chris Cornell(vocalist for soundgarden)+Rage Against the Machines-their vocalist. They just came up with their second album. First album is about 2 years old and one of my favorite rock albums, though really melancholy. New one is a lot more upbeat.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: Brule
Head East

Newer rock bands,LOL
Head East kicked Rush's ass at the concert i was at in Odessa TX in 1976/77. :)

How about Velvet Revolver?>
http://www.music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16679864

Velvet Revolver began with a spring 2002 jam session that reunited ex-Guns N' Roses bandmates Slash (guitar), Duff McKagan (bass), and Matt Sorum (drums) on-stage. With the discovery that their chemistry was still going strong, the trio began pushing around some new music and auditioning singers for what became known as "The Project

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
Seether - Karma and Effect, Audioslave - Out of Exile, NiN - White Teeth, SOD - Mesmorize, Adema - Planets

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
The new system of a down is pretty good.

New albums from disturbed, godsmack, and staind later this year as well. :thumbsup: Good year for rock fans.

Appledrop

Platinum Member
Aug 25, 2004
my favourite single song atm is Aenima by tool (but sadly the rest of the songs on the album were not very good imo.) Sum41s Chuck album is good, and audioslave is good too like otehrs have said!

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Disturbed. Best band of the last decade IMO.

I did'nt like Sickness that much, but Believe is damn near perfect.

Have you heard their live album? Is it any good?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
It's a little different, but IMO a welcome change. It's not American corp-rock, so it's hard as hell to find in this country, but if you seek it, you will find:

Nightwish
Within Temptation
Nemesea
Epica
L'äme Immortelle
Mortal Love

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Azzy64
my favourite single song atm is Aenima by tool (but sadly the rest of the songs on the album were not very good imo.) Sum41s Chuck album is good, and audioslave is good too like otehrs have said!

I think Aenima is one of the best rock albums ever made. In any case, it's certainly not new...

sort of new bands for the OP

Porcupine Tree
Dredg
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club