Are these considered steroids?

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: paulxcook
Protein supplements are not steroids.

Exactly. The fact that anyone would even think they were just shows you how messed up the media is about this stuff.

OP - I am not sure how big/strong this person was before, and how big/strong they are now, but someone would have to have exceptional genetics to be able to gain any appreciable amount of muscle without working out.

bladder23

Banned
Jun 28, 2007
Originally posted by: Special K
Originally posted by: paulxcook
Protein supplements are not steroids.

Exactly. The fact that anyone would even think they were just shows you how messed up the media is about this stuff.

OP - I am not sure how big/strong this person was before, and how big/strong they are now, but someone would have to have exceptional genetics to be able to gain any appreciable amount of muscle without working out.

Exactly, I am here bustin my ass off in the weight room to gain 4 pounds in the last month and this guy just takes some of this powder and is 10 pounds heavier and stronger than me in a month.

We were both the same weight last month. I was slightly stonger than this guy.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
No, it is not steroids but w/o working out even steroids don't generate muscle. Maybe human growth hormones but I don't really know.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Contains some creatine, which increases water retention. Does he look puffier? Water is heavy, you know.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
a) OP is a schill
b) friend is drinking protein shakes, which are low in fat and carbs, instead of eating too much. Losing fat, his muscles are more prominent.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: bladder23
Text

My friend is taking these and getting muscles without ever working out.
No, he isn't.

Exactly, I am here bustin my ass off in the weight room to gain 4 pounds in the last month and this guy just takes some of this powder and is 10 pounds heavier and stronger than me in a month.

Don't believe it for a second. I don't think you're lying; he is.

Only with potent drug concoctions can a person put on muscle without working out (it can be done, like a good dose of HGH for a while). Protein doesn't qualify.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
steroids aren't really that dangerous when used under physician supervision. Stop pussyfooting around and just get the real thing.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Are his muscles more prevalent when he's angry? And does his skin happen to have a green pigment to it?

mjh

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2005
This thread cracks me up.

Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: bladder23
Text

My friend is taking these and getting muscles without ever working out.
No, he isn't.

Exactly!

TommyDom

Oct 18, 2018
No, he isn't.

Only with potent drug concoctions can a person put on muscle without working out (it can be done, like a good dose of HGH for a while). Protein doesn't qualify.

wow, i'd never thought muscle can be gain without giving it a proper motivation

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
No, it is not steroids but w/o working out even steroids don't generate muscle. Maybe human growth hormones but I don't really know.

So tell me why do steriods not generate muscle with out working out? You think muscles only come from working out? Maybe your tongue is so strong from the curls it does or is it from talking and eating? ALOT of the weight from supplements of any kind is water weight. You will look bigger you will lift more thats the point water retention helps the muscles repair faster and push more weight to begin with. Maybe you all need to work on common sense first!

Whats funny is even things that are not steriods will generate muscle With out working out! example metformin diabetes medication, you will lose weight gain lean muscle but it is bad for your internals. Just figured id throw in my 2 cents.

Reactions: sergeatfuture