Are there any UPS battey backups that provide power duing a surge spike?(electrical)

DARQ MX

Jun 4, 2005
Are there any UPS battey backups that provide power duing a surge spike?(electrical)
I own a cyberpower 550watt 1000AVR that does not supply power when there is a spike in the power. This does not make sense too me. Now I bought it really for 2 reasons.

Reason 1.basically to have the battery backup part.

Reason 2.When the house gets a surge the lines don't spike like crazy and it povides power when this happens so your equipment does not get any type of surges.

Now, I test this by turning on my washing machine and plugging a light right into the battery power part of the ups plug and my light still has a soft dim that goes on and off in a pulse of the motion of a washer. Now my house is still on 100amp service but it is too expensive for me to go to 200amp so that is not gonna happen anytime soon. The Joule rating on the ups is a puny 1080j. While I had just a surge protector before that had 3400j and the light still did the same just not as noticeable.

Now I paid $130 for this Cyberpower ups and what does it take to get one that does what I want or does that exhist?

please help? Thanks

The HIGHLY TECHNICAL forum is not for purchase advice.

AnandTech Moderator