Are the 680s STILL out of stock?!?

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
wow, this is the second time I've seen 680's in stock at the egg. Mind you I don't F5 spam the site.

Feb 6, 2007
Ordering a 680 on launch day will go down as one of my smarter moves ever in regards to computers. I was really waffling on that decision at the time, and bit the bullet... Had it within a couple weeks, along with parts for a whole new rig, and I've been enjoying it for a month and a half. It's totally awesome. If I had played the prudent role and waited for reviews to pour in, I probably still wouldn't have my machine built.

HypX

Oct 25, 2002
I got mine prowling forum threads like this one, until someone alerted me to one in stock.

A lot easier than F5ing newegg all the time.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Ordering Gigabyte. Even though I hate them, I really just want a 680. Thanks, Russian!

You are welcome Intel! Hope yours is a good overclocker. These 680s are reference design so I don't think it matters much what brand you get other than warranty.

Enjoy your card!

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
I can't buy one! THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Like, it's not even funny anymore :-(
Intel17: I found a PNY GTX680 online by using Amazon. Admittedly it's a reference card and I paid more but I found one. Had the GTX 670 been out when I looked my decision would have been a lot harder.

I'm only slightly disturbed that I didn't wait to get a GTX 670, but lavaheadache pretty well summed it up.

I try to get the most bang for the buck but sometimes the urge to have the highest end card trumps that. P.S. I'm keeping this GTX 680. It rocks! Speaking of warranty, supposedly the PNY warranty is lifetime. We shall see. It also came with a 16ft PNY HDMI cable (my son-in-law layed claim to that).

Last edited:

tulx

Jul 12, 2011
I suppose this shows Nvidia can't really beat AMD since Radeon HD 5000 series. What's the point in designing a card which you are incapable of reliably producing in satisfactory amounts?

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
I suppose this shows Nvidia can't really beat AMD since Radeon HD 5000 series. What's the point in designing a card which you are incapable of reliably producing in satisfactory amounts?

This view seems diametric to what we heard when AMD had stock issues for the first x weeks, even after a paper launch. I saw a lot of AMD should be charging more posts, that the sell outs showed the product was not over-priced. Guess it's all your pov. :)