are sharpie markers safe to eat?

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
not the sharpie markers themselves, but see, for a stats project, i have m&ms labelled by numbers with a sharpie marker and im hungry, so i was wondering if it is safe to eat the m&ms even tho they're labelled with sharpie? the marker says nontoxic on it, but that just means it doesn't kill me. what are the side effects of eating it?

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
no duh, it doesnt taste good, i just want to know the side effects of eating m&ms labelled with sharpie marker. i mean... would i leak some gas, barf, get stomachaches, spaz, etc.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
i normally wouldnt eat it, but im bored and hungry

anyone with previous experience or expertise?

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
but them in water for a minute. the color (and sharpie) will come off.. and you'll have white M&M's. or is it just smarties that do that.. hrm.. (smarties in canada are like M&M's.. not like rockets..)

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: neutralizer
no duh, it doesnt taste good, i just want to know the side effects of eating m&ms labelled with sharpie marker. i mean... would i leak some gas, barf, get stomachaches, spaz, etc.

You will develop x-ray vision.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I don't think they are toxic or anything.

I rembember watching "the making of: Kung Pao enter the fist" and they basicly drew a smily face on the guys tongue with a sharpie during production (and then digitally inserted "toungee" aftewards). I don't think the guy who made that movie is dead yet.