Are Hillary voters willing to destroy this country for Hillary's pursuit of power?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Clinton Supporter Poster Children, Exhibit A:

Originally posted by: shira
I really don't care about integrity and character in a President. What I want is a President who can actually accomplish some of the things I value, by hook or by crook.
:Q:Q:Q

So says the Bush supporter who backed everything Bush did, including torture.
I'm against waterboarding, and I long ago agreed that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake. The difference is that I'm willing to put in whatever effort is necessary to fix what we've broken over there.

Whereas shira blatantly admitted that they could care less if a POTUS has integrity and character -- which, by any measure, is fvcking disgusting.

By supporting GWB and his "stay the course" strategy as long as you did you have amply demonstrated to me how important "integrity" is to you.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...ab=arc&highlight_key=y

posted by palehorse74 on 10/27/2006

If the federal government has reasonable cause to believe that anyone in my immediate family is conspiring to commit terrorist acts against other Americans or American interests/property, then they have my blessings to waterboard the hell out of them! In fact, I'd get in line to help!

The point is that I'm not one of the tinfoil crowd who believes that the Federal government goes around using this every day on innocent people; second, and perhaps more importantly, I do not feel that waterboarding as inhumane.

ps: what the hell do you know about interogation? let me guess, you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

You just seem to go with whatever way the wind is blowing that day, don't you.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
We already restored dignity and integrity to the White House in 2000. There is only so much dignity and integrity that this country can take :)
It could really use some indignity and disintegration of the Clinton years right about now. :p

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

I really don't care about integrity and character in a President. What I want is a President who can actually accomplish some of the things I value, by hook or by crook.

I'm against waterboarding, and I long ago agreed that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake. The difference is that I'm willing to put in whatever effort is necessary to fix what we've broken over there.

Whereas shira blatantly admitted that they could care less if a POTUS has integrity and character -- which, by any measure, is fvcking disgusting.

By supporting GWB and his "stay the course" strategy as long as you did you have amply demonstrated to me how important "integrity" is to you.

If the federal government has reasonable cause to believe that anyone in my immediate family is conspiring to commit terrorist acts against other Americans or American interests/property, then they have my blessings to waterboard the hell out of them! In fact, I'd get in line to help!

The point is that I'm not one of the tinfoil crowd who believes that the Federal government goes around using this every day on innocent people; second, and perhaps more importantly, I do not feel that waterboarding as inhumane.

ps: what the hell do you know about interogation? let me guess, you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

I made the changes in both positions very clear several months ago. I wrestled with both of them for several years. Being VERY close to both issues, personally, made the decisions much much harder than they might have been for the shleps who spend their lives playing Monday-morning QB with counterterrorism.

I was for waterboarding and the war before I was against them.

GG.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

I made the changes in both positions very clear several months ago. I wrestled with both of them for several years. Being VERY close to both issues, personally, made the decisions much much harder than they might have been for the shleps who spend their lives playing Monday-morning QB with counterterrorism.

GG.

Gee, it seems you've been wrong about everything!?!??

So that now we've established tendency for flip-flopping I have to ask myself how many months it will be before you "flip" on Obama and leave him high and dry with no support for change.

I can really see you, Pabster, Vic, and Moonbeam agreeing on the need for change, but when it comes down to exactly what needs changed and how it needs changed,..... well that's going to be comical to watch.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

GG.

So that now we've established tendency for flip-flopping I have to ask myself how many months it will be before you "flip" on Obama and leave him high and dry with no support for change.

I can really see you, Pabster, Vic, and Moonbeam agreeing on the need for change, but when it comes down to exactly what needs changed and how it needs changed,..... well that's going to be comical to watch.

As a private citizen, their are no repercussions for my own flip-floppery. :)

The same cannot be said of Ms. Clinton and Co.

My support for Obama will hold fast only as long as his character and integrity do the same.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

GG.

As a private citizen, their are no repercussions for my own flip-floppery. :)

The same cannot be said of Ms. Clinton and Co.

My support for Obama will hold fast only as long as his character and integrity do the same.

Yes, private citizens are the only ones who can change their minds. You really think anybody worth convincing believes that?

Face the facts, political integrity is as much an oxymoron as senate ethics or military intelligence.

From my POV shira has more integrity then you because he was honest about it. You on the other hand are no better then the politicians you accuse of making decisions based soley on the what the latest polls say.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Yes, private citizens are the only ones who can change their minds. You really think anybody worth convincing believes that?
I think both would deserve ridicule if/when the flip-floppery occurs on nearly a daily basis.

Face the facts, political integrity is as much an oxymoron as senate ethics or military intelligence.
DOH! that was below the belt... :|

I think Obama may be the exception to the rule. I've seen no evidence, yet, to believe otherwise. Hillary, on the other hand, is quite flagrant with her deceit.

From my POV shira has more integrity then you because he was honest about it. You on the other hand are no better then the politicians you accuse of making decisions based solely on the what the latest polls say.
that's just... sad.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Hillary and her surrogates/minions will stop at nothing in their pursuit of power.

Obama's advisor Powers was 100% accurate in describing Hillary as a 'monster' regardless of political correctness.

Fortunately for Obama, it's over. She's already lost.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005

You value big corporations and NAFTA? because that is exactly what Hillary gets done.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSlamma

You value big corporations and NAFTA? because that is exactly what Hillary gets done.
huh?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Pabster
Hillary and her surrogates/minions will stop at nothing in their pursuit of power.

Obama's advisor Powers was 100% accurate in describing Hillary as a 'monster' regardless of political correctness.

I know, running a competitive campaign, what a fucking monster bitch. :roll:

the Obama camp isn't used to taking the heat, but what do they expect McCain to do? roll over and let the coronation continue because the nice black guy wants the job?

Hillary's been treating him with kid gloves... if they think she's a monster and Obama's people can't handle it, how are they going to react with the independent republican 527's start rolling out against them?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
I think both would deserve ridicule if/when the flip-floppery occurs on nearly a daily basis.

DOH! that was below the belt... :|

I think Obama may be the exception to the rule. I've seen no evidence, yet, to believe otherwise. Hillary, on the other hand, is quite flagrant with her deceit.

From my POV shira has more integrity then you because he was honest about it. You on the other hand are no better then the politicians you accuse of making decisions based solely on the what the latest polls say.
that's just... sad.

No, it's just politics. You know it, I know it, and I know you know it so quit trying to play the "holier then thou" card. Your posting history speaks for itself. Your voting for what you think are your interests, same as me, shira, and everybody else for that matter.

I have a gut feeling about Obama, very similar to the one I had about GWB. I think at this pont in time he's the wrong man for the job. Stirring speeches are great and are an integral part of one's leadership ablility, but BS only takes you so far. I see Obama making a critical error just like GWB did. I believe both their intentions were/are good but intentions aren't what counts, results are.

I think Hillary has the judgement, the experience, and the political savy/connections to effect some positive changes whereas Obama's talents mostly seem to be in paying lip service to it.

If I could see where the left AND right wing supporters of Obama were going to be able to compromise and effect some positive change, then I would rethink my position, but the only think these two wings seem to have in common is a dislike of Hillary? That may win him the primary and even the election but to me that's just another reason not to vote for him because it means nothing but a giant clusterfvck down the road with nothing getting done which is just what this country DOESN"T need at this point in time.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.