Are discussions about weed banned?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
oh man, once you move to the CBD discussion any mention of flowers is straight up prehistoric. This is just one of many products focused solely on CBD...

AlpineCBDHarle.png

alpinecbd-400x400.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's because you smoked Mayne and Ns1 type of weed :)

Want to Relax? Don't Let Them Talk You Into High-THC Weed

Ask for"High-CBD" Weed Instead

"For every weed smoker who wants to get as high as possible, there's someone else who has a light-duty panic attack—or maybe a heavy-duty panic attack—whenever they try cannabis. Most of these people eventually just decide they're "not a pot person." They want to relax, and even the strains that are said to be relaxing don't help them relax. Many of these people wholeheartedly support the legalization of marijuana, but they aren't getting to enjoy its benefits.

I'm one of them, and it sucks.

While I used to love pot, and want to love pot again, it hasn't been easy to do. Ninety percent of the time, I get super high, much higher than I would like, and it is a terrifying experience for me. Instead of enhancing life, it sends my mind spinning into a tornado of anxiety and paranoia. Recreational budtenders will tell you that sativas are the high-energy strain of weed, giving you a "head high" that's perfect for daytime, and indicas are the relaxing strain of weed, giving you a "body high" and preparing you for sleep, and but even trying a range of indicas didn't work for me. They made my heart pound and my mind race. Since there are now so many varieties of legal weed available, I've been looking for a way to fit pot back into my life, but I kept failing to find anything anywhere near calm enough for me."

Full story http://www.thestranger.com/feature/...lax-dont-let-them-talk-you-into-high-thc-weed

Yeah it's not really something I have interest in getting into, was more of a"well I want to try it at least once!" thing but yeah, whatever I got was some seriously good stuff lol. It was also my fault for taking like 3-4 good puffs when I think you're only suppose to take like 1 especially if it's your first time. :p

If I was to try it again it would be at home though.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
This is a great way to grow top shelf 80's weed.

You obviously know a lot about the subject but we'll have to agree to disagree. I'll just leave this and go see a frog about a jump.

Altering the environment has its limits so the only other real factor is seeds and you can purchase some of highest quality available seeds if you want to. Other than scale of the same basic operation i described, to my knowledge there is nothing different. Maybe men standing around in lab coats. It's the same seeds the same light the same soil/hydro and the same water as a good home grow just bigger.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
That's because you smoked Mayne and Ns1 type of weed :)

Want to Relax? Don't Let Them Talk You Into High-THC Weed

Ask for"High-CBD" Weed Instead

"For every weed smoker who wants to get as high as possible, there's someone else who has a light-duty panic attack—or maybe a heavy-duty panic attack—whenever they try cannabis. Most of these people eventually just decide they're "not a pot person." They want to relax, and even the strains that are said to be relaxing don't help them relax. Many of these people wholeheartedly support the legalization of marijuana, but they aren't getting to enjoy its benefits.

While I used to love pot, and want to love pot again, it hasn't been easy to do. Ninety percent of the time, I get super high, much higher than I would like, and it is a terrifying experience for me. Instead of enhancing life, it sends my mind spinning into a tornado of anxiety and paranoia. Recreational budtenders will tell you that sativas are the high-energy strain of weed, giving you a "head high" that's perfect for daytime, and indicas are the relaxing strain of weed, giving you a "body high" and preparing you for sleep, and but even trying a range of indicas didn't work for me. They made my heart pound and my mind race. Since there are now so many varieties of legal weed available, I've been looking for a way to fit pot back into my life, but I kept failing to find anything anywhere near calm enough for me."

Full story http://www.thestranger.com/feature/...lax-dont-let-them-talk-you-into-high-thc-weed

Funny thing is though, the science and understanding of the different effects is branching out further than just THC+CBD ratios. The terpenes are where it's really at these days. Some hybrids naturally worked out that way because of which genes ended up being dominant - but you can get high CBD that's still a very panicky high, and high THC yet calming.
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...-cannabis-terpenes-and-how-do-they-affect-you

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
This whole edibles thing is very intriguing. Could be a little scary for a noob if it takes hours to know how stoned you're going to get!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
This whole edibles thing is very intriguing. Could be a little scary for a noob if it takes hours to know how stoned you're going to get!

Many a noob has gotten fucked up by thinking "I don't feel anything, must not have worked. Let's eat some more"

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
True. Johny Depp wishes he had this overhead, sometimes you just dont know when to stop :confused_old:

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001

Many a noob has gotten fucked up by thinking "I don't feel anything, must not have worked. Let's eat some more"

To give you some idea of the bad trip I had years back. I had tried a number of edibles before and mostly had very positive experiences. Some of the experiences were a bit too strong for my taste but nothing really scary. But back then I wasn't very good at monitoring my emotional state and I had a lot of emotional baggage I had not dealt with yet. There were a lot of things about my relationship with my parents and other shit that I had not really thought about. Nothing crazy just an unhealthy relationship.

Well that last brownie I ate sent me on a fun little paranoid trip. It occurred to me while high to ask the question. What if my parents had sexually abused me and I had just repressed the memory and didn't know about it? Then my mind further spiralled and I started to think, would I know if I was crazy or not? Like I always knew I had depression and anxiety issues, but what if I was legit crazy and didn't know it. How would I know, after all the crazy people don't always know they are crazy. I live in an apartment that my parents helped me out a bit to get. Though I pay for. They have a bit of a flavour of a hotel or a gated community. There is a guard at the gate. Well looked at from a crazy high paranoid state it kind of looks like an institution. So yeah I was freaking out! Next day I woke up still CRAZY anxious. And indeed I was anxious and panicky for the next 6 MONTHS! I kid you not!

This was NOT the result of the edible. Well the initial panic attack was. But what it set off was just a form of generalized anxiety about shit I had not dealt with. I've since dealt with much more of that shit, though not all.

I seem really happily to be able to go back to smoking and vaping weed. But I'm not touching edibles for a good long while!

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I just want you to know that while I think you're all filthy, filthy hippies, I support your right to take as many of marijuana as you choose. Get a job.

Reactions: brianmanahan

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
If I ever try it again, I will stick to smoking it like I did when I was younger. Seems like you have to have huge blocks of free time to try edibles, while smoking it wears off in 4 hours or so, a much more manageable experience. Even the stuff I used to smoke as a kid could get most people stoned with one lungful, what's available now is just crazy.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
If I ever try it again, I will stick to smoking it like I did when I was younger. Seems like you have to have huge blocks of free time to try edibles, while smoking it wears off in 4 hours or so, a much more manageable experience. Even the stuff I used to smoke as a kid could get most people stoned with one lungful, what's available now is just crazy.

Yeah the nice thing about smoking or vaping is that if you end up having a bad time you can remind yourself it's only going to last a few hours. I find the best (or I guess worst if you are having a bad time) is over in about 2 hours or less.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I tried weed once, not everyone is affected the same. For me, it sends me into a anxiety panic attack. Never had one before. Was scary. Though I think it also has to do with the fact that I tried it in a public setting. Would probably have been fine if I had been home alone. Would have ordered pizza and chilled on the couch and it would have been awesome.

That said I think it's ridiculous the amount of bureaucracy around it. It was suppose to be legalized here in Canada about a year ago. It was one of Trudeau's biggest promises but he actually took steps back and said he wants more enforcement now. I don't particular care THAT much as i have no intention to partake, but just find it ridiculous how it's treated super illegally when alcohol and cigarettes are much worse and are perfectly legal. It's all corruption. They can't control a plant as well as they can control a manufactured product, so they rather just make it illegal.

The US is also weird when it comes to it, because some states it's legal, yet if you try to cross the border and you smoked it even once, they will ban you from the country.

We are set to fully legalize it next July here in Canada. What that will look like exactly is still being hammered out but it should be full recreational legalization.

As for how weed is going to affect you it's different for everyone as you mentioned. One thing as you said that is supper important is setting. The other is your internal mental state. What's on your mind. And also of extreme importance that not a lot of people think about, what's going on in your subconscious. What do you have simmering on the back burner of your mind. We all bury stuff, have shit we don't want to deal with. The more shit you accumulate, the more stuff that's bothering you, the more likely you are going to have a bad time.

Unlike alcohol which is a central nervous system depressant, weed may make you drowsy but it's actually going to send your mind into overdrive a lot of the time. You also don't have a lot of control over where you mind goes at times on weed. That means that if there is shit you don't want to think about, or other baggage, you may end up thinking about that in a way you very much don't want to.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001

Yes I would agree that really high THC potent weed is not the best idea. Even after my bad brownie experience I've had a few minor scary highs a few times.

However weed is as much a mind game as it is about the amount of THC or the strain etc etc. If I'm in a bad mind set it's not a good idea for me to get too high no mater the strain. Cause my mind will spin out of control and eat me alive. On the other hand if I'm in a great mood I seem pretty immune to having a bad time no mater how baked. Thankfully with vaping it only lasts a few hours and I can usually brush anything aside, listen to some relaxing music or something the few times I don't enjoy things.

I've only been back to using it for about a month now. So to tell you the truth I can't tell you for sure if I will be using pot for good or not. But the last month I've been vaping every night and aside from a few bad experiences here and there the over all experience has almost been almost transformative for me. Mind you I was drinking and doing more stupid things before so stopping those is a good part of it too. But I've been practising mindfulness along with the weed and I tell you a HUGE amount of the worlds problems just slide off my back now. Cause none of it seems to mater. I have fucking bucket loads more confidence than I had even a month ago. And even a month ago was a huge improvement from years back.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
oh man, once you move to the CBD discussion any mention of flowers is straight up prehistoric. This is just one of many products focused solely on CBD...

AlpineCBDHarle.png

alpinecbd-400x400.jpg

17817911_1442780802449152_4628741041502027776_n.jpg

I'm loving this stuff in combination with some nice shatter that i turn into ejuice

Reactions: Ns1

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
The Mail Order Marijuana business is booming in Canada at the moment , greater selection and better prices than my legal alternative

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I only have a couple bowls in the evening after my day is over and I'm sure no one is gonna ask me to do anything. Find a good show to watch and chill out. I get paranoid sometimes when smoking.

Reactions: KMFJD

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I only have a couple bowls in the evening after my day is over and I'm sure no one is gonna ask me to do anything. Find a good show to watch and chill out. I get paranoid sometimes when smoking.
CBD get's rid of the paranoid feeling for me...

Reactions: Thebobo

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
No high from Cbd Though.

I prefer a high CBD to THC ratio. I started smoking some 40 years ago when $15 ounce mexican was the norm. All those stems and seeds :) You could get Guaro? Or Columbina for like $30 and of course you all remember Thai sticks. For a while in the 90s I stopped growing and smoking mostly, it was getting unpleasant to smoke. Early 2000s I discovered the higher CBD strains and was pleasantly surprised. It's just a nice mellow grooving out peaceful high. I've grown high THC since then but I always ended up giving it away, It just gives me a extremely paranoid feelings, about what I don't know, just a weird bad feeling. But as with anything YMMV.

Reactions: ch33zw1z