Are any of you on clomipramine? Do you orgasm when you YAWN?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
hmmm...maybe i should get my dr. to prescribe a bottle...what is it normally used for? i didnt bother to read the article, too lazy :)

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ2078
hmmm...maybe i should get my dr. to prescribe a bottle...what is it normally used for? i didnt bother to read the article, too lazy :)

eh...it's late...i didn't read it either

-=bmacd=-

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: FriedToast
I haven't read it. The URL kind o' says it all...
Not really.
The URL would suggest it is an Urban Legend, which are normally FALSE.
The site says that this is actually TRUE.
Medical literature supports this.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
No, but sometimes I feel like I am peeing my pants when it is cold outside even though I am not peeing my pants.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I like to tell myself that is why my gf yawns so much when we are making love.

katka

Jun 19, 2001
No, have not tried the drug. I can have an orgasm at the drop of a dime because I am a skilled lover. Thanks for the info though. If I am ever obsessive compulsive or depressed it is nice to know that my ability to experience sexual pleasure would only get better. :D j/k In reality I would NEVER take any of these panacea drugs (this one, prozac, etc.). They leave you with big bills, future undisclosed problems(remember fen-fen :Q), and a problem that is still not resolved. They are just expensive placebos. Too many CRAZY people around for them to really be any good.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Originally posted by: katka
No, have not tried the drug. I can have an orgasm at the drop of a dime because I am a skilled lover. Thanks for the info though. If I am ever obsessive compulsive or depressed it is nice to know that my ability to experience sexual pleasure would only get better. :D j/k In reality I would NEVER take any of these panacea drugs (this one, prozac, etc.). They leave you with big bills, future undisclosed problems(remember fen-fen :Q), and a problem that is still not resolved. They are just expensive placebos. Too many CRAZY people around for them to really be any good.

Scientology is also vehimently again drugs of any kind.
When remembering the possible side effects of these drugs, remember DEATH is a side effect of depression.
Also, remember that stigma against these drugs can lead folks who need them to avoid them.
I was just a funeral for a man who refused them. He was going to deal with depression himself.
Well, I suppose his solution worked. :(
And if you are anti-mind altering drugs, then avoid ALL of them, nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, etc...

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
this is the third time this week i have said "i need a perscription drug hookup"

i think i have problems.

katka

Jun 19, 2001
When remembering the possible side effects of these drugs, remember DEATH is a side effect of depression.
Also, remember that stigma against these drugs can lead folks who need them to avoid them.
I was just a funeral for a man who refused them. He was going to deal with depression himself.
Well, I suppose his solution worked.
And if you are anti-mind altering drugs, then avoid ALL of them, nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, etc...

Being suicidal and being depressed are NOT one in the same. If a person is going to commit suicide that I think that they have the right to chose their own destiny.

I have NEVER been suicidal or depressed fortunately. I have been pissed off and refused to have any dealings with the people who pissed me off. So shutting people out of your life is NOT a sign of depresson within itself. It depends on the REASON you are not dealing with the people that you have in the past.

People who need drugs are Manic/Depressive types, and Schizophrenia patients, and PostPartum Depression. They really NEED it but usually don't get it.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Well, I suppose his solution worked.

Being suicidal and being depressed are NOT one in the same. If a person is going to commit suicide that I think that they have the right to chose their own destiny.

I have NEVER been suicidal or depressed fortunately. I have been pissed off and refused to have any dealings with the people who pissed me off. So shutting people out of your life is NOT a sign of depresson within itself. It depends on the REASON you are not dealing with the people that you have in the past.

People who need drugs are Manic/Depressive types, and Schizophrenia patients, and PostPartum Depression. They really NEED it but usually don't get it.

You sure seem to know a lot about depression and mental illness although you've never experienced them. Anti-depressants are not placebos...a placebo has no active ingredients, SRI's do.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
Sounds like this drug had some great side affects. Clomipramine (Anafranil) was one of the first drugs that worked for OCD, but there are a lot of newer drugs that are more effective.

katka

Jun 19, 2001
You sure seem to know a lot about depression and mental illness although you've never experienced them. Anti-depressants are not placebos...a placebo has no active ingredients, SRI's do.

Yes, I know a lot. I have a Bachelors degree in Psychology/Business, received an A in Abnormal Psychology, worked in a hospital for years, and know how to research any mental illness using the DSM IV. Education can be a learning experience. I use the term placeo because I really don't believe that these medications are necessary for the Millions of People who receive them. I also have a Masters Degree but it is unrelated to the Mental Health Industry, but there ARE many crazy, ignorant, dumb, uneducated people who work in that industry. This is how I got soo good.
:D

Aug 16, 2001
Apparently it can work for guys too. One male patient said that while he found the repeated climaxes "awkward and embarrassing, he elected to continue the medication because of the therapeutic benefit he obtained. The awkwardness and embarrassment were overcome by continuously wearing a condom.

:confused:

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000

Yes, I know a lot. I have a Bachelors degree in Psychology/Business, received an A in Abnormal Psychology, worked in a hospital for years, and know how to research any mental ilness using the DSM IV. Education can be a learning experience. I use the term placeo because I really don't believe that these medications are necessary for the Millions of People who receive them. I also have a Masters Degree but it is unrelated to the Mental Health Industry, but there ARE many crazy, ignorant, dumb who work in that industry. This is how I got soo good.
:D

That's a relief, I assumed you were another one of those people who can't empathize with people who do need anti-depressants and just say "blah blah blah pharmaceutical companies push drugs on weak people who are looking for artificial happiness".