ArcSoft Total Media Theater 6 - $30 @ NewEgg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GullyFoyle

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
I was using a trial version to test my new LG Blu-Ray drive on my HTPC. I was very impressed by it. When I started trying out Windows Media Center, TMT6 seemed to disappear from my machine, I wonder if these two are mortal enemies, or maybe my trial ran out and it nuked itself....
I was concerned that my low powered HTPC (AMD 4850e) might not handle Blu-Ray, but it ran fine.

Great Price, well worth it. I remember some thread about buying this off of Amazon, they kept your key, so you weren't able to upgrade it. I see this is Digital Download too, so beware.

OH, here

1.0 out of 5 stars Not registered to your email address August 9, 2013
By K. F.
Amazon Verified Purchase
When you purchase this software from Amazon, it is registered to an email address at Arcsoft (the maker of the software). This means that you do not get the benefits of being the registered owner of the software, such as cheap upgrades to new versions, because you will not have a registered email address. Personally I feel like you aren't getting what you pay for, but the importance of having the software registered to your email address is up to you.

The software itself works well on my system, and I like the interface better than PowerDVD, but I sort of feel like I was scammed by purchasing it here.

It's been $30 on Amazon for quite some time. You may not need to be concerned about the issue with Upgrading as the existing product works fine.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Oh, I had no idea about the e-mail registration thing. I bought mine directly from ArcSoft during a 50% off deal maybe a year and a half ago, so I have an e-mail registration. That is kind of a bummer, but I wonder if there are really any reasons to even update? The only reason I went from 5 to 6 is because I accidentally deleted the e-mail with my program key, which meant I couldn't even register the software! Fortunately, the upgrade was only $10, which isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.