Archeage Thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
I haven't had any issues outside of patron status not showing at start.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I got into the queue at 11:30am this morning while home for lunch hoping to be ready after work. I was number 2500 in the queue. At 4:15pm now i'm just under 800. LOL

lol that's horrible, i heard they opened a couple of new servers, only time i haven't been able to get in withing 30 min was last night around 10pm est as a founder, if im disconnected due to a crash i seem to be able to get back in asap

i'm liking the open world pvp, farm raiding, gathering/crafting

Last edited:

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
My friends are [trying to] playing. When they are able to login that is lol, the ones that have played most are the ones that haven't logged out.

I dunno, nothing I've heard about it so far really makes me interested at all (aside from possibly the character build combinations). If they stick with it maybe I'll give it a shot at a later date.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Most of the servers have character creation for all factions locked now. New servers go up and within an hour or two they have queues in the thousands.

Best. Launch. Evar.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Heh I wouldn't mind trying it. But I cant get them to send me an authentication code for my computer. They require it because my computer is not recognized. Tried 3 times now. Email never shows up.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Heh I wouldn't mind trying it. But I cant get them to send me an authentication code for my computer. They require it because my computer is not recognized. Tried 3 times now. Email never shows up.

I have the opposite problem. I get an authentication code, log in, then magically I get one or two more authentication codes in my inbox within minutes after logging in. :confused:

Maybe I'm getting all of your missing authentication codes. lol

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
While the queue system is definitely fubared, the gameplay itself and the experience when finally in the game are pretty good. I'm really enjoying being able to do some quests and then take a break and try out farming, and then go back to quests while my stuff grows. Plus the mechanics of being able to use any class and any skill are nice. Not much need to create multiple chars. Though I could create another char for a second farm I guess. I might do that!

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
I've put a couple hours into it on Sat morning. Magically got onto a server within a few minutes. It's a big map. Looks really nice. Very immersive. I have no idea what I'm doing yet, really need to watch some tutorials.

They need to boot the spammers from the chat, makes it almost impossible to interact.

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
I've been playing as often as I can. It's a great game with a couple of big problems.

The good: Amazing world, amazingly fun and complex crafting system, solid class and combat system, so many different features it's almost overwhelming. It's really a phenomenal game with a level of polish higher than anything I've played since Aion.

The bad: Completely overcrowded, Not enough land available for paying customers (and you really need land to take part in the "real game"), foreign and alpha/beta players already know the ins and outs and have seized competitive advantage, a lot of bots and hacks migrated over from the Korean and Russian versions, the questing is extremely dull and mindless and will turn a lot of players off of the game before they ever get to the fun sandbox/economic metagame.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Suspicion in Rift is that they want to drive the pvp players to Archeage. In the expansion coming soon, they're removing all pvp stats, removing any better gear in pvp for people with high pvp rankings, allowing raiders to have the best pvp gear using their raiding gear.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Honestly the only thing that interested me from the trailer was the sailing and flying around. Can you actually do that? And if so, is it accessible fairly early in the game as a free player?

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Honestly the only thing that interested me from the trailer was the sailing and flying around. Can you actually do that? And if so, is it accessible fairly early in the game as a free player?

Yep you can do that. It does take awhile unless you got a guild to support you. 50 Gilda Stars for first ship (unless you want a rowboat. hehe). So basicly around level 30-40 you can get a boat. The flying you can do around level 10 i think, you get a plain glider in a quest you can use.

It really is worth it for just $20 investment. After that you can support yourself with house and pay patron status with gold you get from crafting, etc.

The only thing that is ticking me off with the game is the bots. I mean its stupid crazy they have not cracked down on them good. They have literally zero detection for them, they have level 50 bots just farming away. The worst part is they can teleport to NPC to sell items, then right back to farming gold.

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
So give me a little background on this game... is it that you can be any skill/character? You're not limited by being a "rogue" or whatever? I have downloaded it but not yet played, so I am curious. For reference, my game of choice back in the day was Ultima Online, it was a GREAT PvP game.

Thanks for any info!

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I think there are over 100 different class combinations, you pick your starting skill, at level 5 you get your 2nd skill set and i believe at 10 you choose your 3rd. You can re skill for a small amount of gold. The leveling is pretty easy and straight forward

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Meh, I sadly found out yesterday (I know, RTFM) that F2P peeps can't own land in any way, shape or form in the game. That was the majority of the reason I started playing, was for the ability to farm and craft.

GG

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Meh, I sadly found out yesterday (I know, RTFM) that F2P peeps can't own land in any way, shape or form in the game. That was the majority of the reason I started playing, was for the ability to farm and craft.

GG

You could spend in game gold for APEX which would allow you to purchase a patron pass and then buy land (if there is any available) The biggest issue for f2p would be getting labour points back as you don't regenerate any while offline (5 labour every 10 minutes logged in) , no labour points and you cant craft/harvest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2gsdmk/quick_tips_to_help_new_players_f2p_especially/

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005

GG

You don't need a farm, i plant dozens of stuff up in mountains and harvest it.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
You don't need a farm, i plant dozens of stuff up in mountains and harvest it.

I think you have the right idea. Even when you get your a large scarecrow farm, you can't find a public farm place to put it. I decided to go exploring today up in the mountains and dang, you can get to some really remote places that you can tell they designed to be used for farming. With some careful use of your glider you can reach some insane spots.

I just planted about 30 trees in various locations. We'll see if they get robbed, but probably not worth trying to find them, so hopefully not. As long as I can remember where they are, haha.

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
. As long as I can remember where they are, haha.

Map mark it. I've been doing some rougue farming tactics as well. Even the patron status folks are having difficulty finding land I hear.

And what is up with all the trials? There must be a court backlog or alot of evil folks.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013

GG

Do some trade runs to earn gold. 60 labor points to craft a trade pack, 60 more labor points to turn it in. Experiment (or ask around) for quick routes to maximum payout zones.

I do a quick run from Solz to Two Crowns, rowing my little row boat right along the coast. It's about a 20-30 minute journey for ~6g-8g payout.

It doesn't take long at all to earn enough gold to buy two Apex from the auction, convert those two Apex into store points and then buy one month of premium / patron status. Once you have patron status, you can own a house and a farm to raise your own chickens for eggs and whatever for trimmed meat. Plus, you can grow trees for wood.

Once you have 50 gilda stars, you can go to Mirage Isle and buy a blueprint for the clipper ship. Crafting it requires 10 lumber, 10 iron ingots (both of these for the dock to build it), 1 lumber pack, 1 iron ingot pack, 1 cloth pack, and 75 labor points.

While you're making, running, and turning in trade packs, you can be growing meat and eggs and wood and cotton to make the packs for construction.

The game is super restricted for F2P players, but there's a ton of stuff to do once you unlock patron, which you can do in about a week if you're a TryHard.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
You could spend in game gold for APEX which would allow you to purchase a patron pass and then buy land (if there is any available) The biggest issue for f2p would be getting labour points back as you don't regenerate any while offline (5 labour every 10 minutes logged in) , no labour points and you cant craft/harvest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2gsdmk/quick_tips_to_help_new_players_f2p_especially/

F2P players get 5 points every 5 minutes while logged in. Patron players get 10 points every 5 minutes whether or not they're logged in.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Wasn't ArcheAge available through Steam? I can't find it anymore. Search brings up some video clips, but clicking on the links to them brings me to the main store page. :confused:

Maybe. But I found out with Rift that its actually better to download the launcher from Trions website and pass Steam entirely. Too many issues.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
F2P players get 5 points every 5 minutes while logged in. Patron players get 10 points every 5 minutes whether or not they're logged in.

I Thought it was less if logged out....even better...

Yup tonnes of bots and people exploiting....many people just running ahk scripts just to stay online to regain labour points/mining as well.....teleporters as well since day 1

Still there is so much to do in the game..the only thing i wish it had is lootable player corpses...not much threat to lose anything other than trade packs...

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Did they get the log in que problem fixed or are people still waiting in long lines just to get on a server?