Archeage Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It's better than Elder Scrolls online.....but the damn DC's are annoying

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
So my understanding is that the game will be free to play with no client purchase necessary -- correct? I haven't been able to download the client yet and was wondering when it might be available since the game goes live today.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
So my understanding is that the game will be free to play with no client purchase necessary -- correct? I haven't been able to download the client yet and was wondering when it might be available since the game goes live today.

It's free to play but you will not be able to own any land (if there is any left)

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
It's free to play but you will not be able to own any land (if there is any left)

Yeah, I know.

I was just trying to find the client (which I thought was free) and try the game out. I can't commit to playing it right now due to work and going on vacation soon, which is why I didn't buy one of the early access packs. When I try to download it through Glyph, it tells me I don't have the necessary rights entitlement (error 2028) to play but I didn't see where I could add the free client to my account.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Yeah, I know.

I was just trying to find the client (which I thought was free) and try the game out. I can't commit to playing it right now due to work and going on vacation soon, which is why I didn't buy one of the early access packs. When I try to download it through Glyph, it tells me I don't have the necessary rights entitlement (error 2028) to play but I didn't see where I could add the free client to my account.

You download it through Glyph, i thought FTP started today? Maybe they haven't unlocked it yet? I know they where having server issues and theres no way this can go FTP unless a lot of servers are added, the queue's for just the head start people where already up to 30-45 on the weekend, the general population would never be able to log in as patrons have priority...

/they rebooted and have patched, maybe it's available now
//8 servers up now, all are full, estimate is 8-15 min

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
You download it through Glyph, i thought FTP started today? Maybe they haven't unlocked it yet? I know they where having server issues and theres no way this can go FTP unless a lot of servers are added, the queue's for just the head start people where already up to 30-45 on the weekend, the general population would never be able to log in as patrons have priority...

/they rebooted and have patched, maybe it's available now
//8 servers up now, all are full, estimate is 8-15 min

Yeah, it is available now. Thanks

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
The game is almost impossible to get into unless you want to wait a long time for a slot to open up :(

Logged in after a 20 min queue, my main character was not being displayed...had to go back and was stuck in queue for another 10 min....later on was disconnected (video card error) and i somehow skipped the queue....

Rinaun

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2005
I'd update the main post but I stopped caring about this game once I saw Trion turn the game into Rift 2.0. It had a chance but now it's pretty much doomed like most F2P MMO's. Even the russian version is leaning toward the freemium angle hard.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
8 servers online with 2500 people in queue on average, requiring a 45 minute queue time.

LOL

They were not ready.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I'd update the main post but I stopped caring about this game once I saw Trion turn the game into Rift 2.0. It had a chance but now it's pretty much doomed like most F2P MMO's. Even the russian version is leaning toward the freemium angle hard.

what? lol i swear no one has actually played the game, it has ZERO things in the game that make it pay to win. You don't need a farm at all to enjoy the game or anything from the cashshop.

Right now the only worth paying for the game is less time in queue lines. I have spent no more than 5min logging on at any given time (bought the $40 founders pack way back). The times will level off after a week or two anyways.

The only thing that is dumb with this game is the question..but that ends very quick. At least after 30 you don't have quests.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
what? lol i swear no one has actually played the game, it has ZERO things in the game that make it pay to win. You don't need a farm at all to enjoy the game or anything from the cashshop.

Right now the only worth paying for the game is less time in queue lines. I have spent no more than 5min logging on at any given time (bought the $40 founders pack way back). The times will level off after a week or two anyways.

The only thing that is dumb with this game is the question..but that ends very quick. At least after 30 you don't have quests.

No more than 5 minutes waiting? You must be extremely lucky.... 8 servers at release is fail though....

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Just tried to get into the game for the first time and on the server my brother is on, there was a queue of 3250 players. What a joke.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I think with enough founders they have they should just open Founder only servers. They would be full, but easier to get on.
This is the first time i've logged on had to wait about 30min it shows. Guess everyone is off work.

Danimal1209

Nov 9, 2011
I've been waiting in the queue for over 2 hours now and it is still estimating me another hour.....This aint right I tell you!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Archeage (n): the amount of time needed to log in the toe game.

Usage: it took an archeage to log on!

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Why aren't game servers virtualized?

I've started MMOs before that had initial queues, but nothing like this. This is pretty freaking embarrassing. For the kinds of queues we're seeing, I'm not even sure doubling the server count would be enough.

As for VMs, I'm not sure what their hosting situation is so a number of factors could be in play. Regardless, I suspect the cause for lack of servers it is a combination of money and resources. I do know, however, that you cannot let queues of 3000 players last for weeks on end or you are pretty much dead. This might be the most botched MMO launch I've ever seen.

EDIT: Found this article that says they'll soon be increasing server capacity by 10%. That won't be nearly enough IMO.

Last edited:

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
I got into the queue at 11:30am this morning while home for lunch hoping to be ready after work. I was number 2500 in the queue. At 4:15pm now i'm just under 800. LOL

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Apparently they dont have extra servers ready to go as needed. Something really wrong about this game I feel. Every time I see a review or a thread about it I say to myself, 'Walk away fast!'.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Wasn't ArcheAge available through Steam? I can't find it anymore. Search brings up some video clips, but clicking on the links to them brings me to the main store page. :confused: