[April Fools] New 3rd player in GPU Market.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
It may be April fools but we heard of this card along time ago . It may be April fools are it may have been the perfect day to put article out . One thing I do know none of the above posters read the article befor posting I very fast reader. I just finished

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
So wait, you are making fun of us for not reading the fake article before commenting on it?

*mind blown*

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
We new they were bring a card . Just because its April first doesn't mean it isn't true . I want a 3rd player . A player that Intel owns alot of stock in . as well as apple with 15% shares. Between Intel Apple the own almost 50% of company Now if intel would do the fab work it be a perfect storm .

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
S3 is re-entering the PC graphics market with the S3 Virge 2.0.

Should hit the shelves this fall, and will completely annihilate everything on the market.

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
S3 is re-entering the PC graphics market with the S3 Virge 2.0.

Should hit the shelves this fall, and will completely annihilate everything on the market.

Stop playing on my heart strings!

Seems like a lot of effort for an April fools joke.

bf3_1920.png

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
it will be using this technology http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJUGLiZkV0

After all, the release date is supposed to be sometime in 2012 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ndZ8ETbqU

You do realize how difficult it would be to animate things using that system. Being able to do fast searches on the data you need relies on the data being highly organized. If you start moving it around in order to animate it, it makes the search algorithms impossible in real time or means that you need new data for all of the different possible ways in which the object can move. Perhaps not insurmountable, but it's going to take up a lot of space.

It's something that would work well for static elements, but many games are becoming more dynamic and trying to move away from bland, lifeless levels.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
I know this is an April Fool's joke but it really wouldn't be a bad thing if we had a 3rd player in the GPU market. AMD is still competing with nVidia to an extent but a 3rd party with comparable performance and slightly lower prices would be a great benefit to consumers.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
You do realize how difficult it would be to animate things using that system. Being able to do fast searches on the data you need relies on the data being highly organized. If you start moving it around in order to animate it, it makes the search algorithms impossible in real time or means that you need new data for all of the different possible ways in which the object can move. Perhaps not insurmountable, but it's going to take up a lot of space.

It's something that would work well for static elements, but many games are becoming more dynamic and trying to move away from bland, lifeless levels.

I was being sarcastic, as was the poster whom I replied to.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
I know this is an April Fool's joke but it really wouldn't be a bad thing if we had a 3rd player in the GPU market. AMD is still competing with nVidia to an extent but a 3rd party with comparable performance and slightly lower prices would be a great benefit to consumers.
Yeah i agree,3rd player is not gonna happen anytime soon though i think:(.hope im wrong though.