April Fools Come Early?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
1605116876127.png

I thought this story was a joke/prank. Apparently, it isn't, and the joke is on us.

I give up! We live in the weirdest of times, where jibbering idiots get profiled in the Washington Post and have their own successful youtube channels. What chance does reason or probity have in our clown college social and political culture? :( :( :( :( :( :(

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
View attachment 33620

I thought this story was a joke/prank. Apparently, it isn't, and the joke is on us.

I give up! We live in the weirdest of times, where jibbering idiots get profiled in the Washington Post and have their own successful youtube channels. What chance does reason or probity have in our clown college social and political culture? :( :( :( :( :( :(
I couldn't read the article due to paywall but USA Today says she was severely mentally depressed and her husband actually called the police on her and she had to stay in a psychiatric ward for a week. Sounds like QAnon took advantage of her mental state.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Give them a platform, a stage from which to attract attention to themselves and now we have what FOX and its enablers couldn't have wished for even a decade ago: the ability to instantly spread lies and disinformation in such a conveniently packaged format.

edit - The gullibles will always be there and the predators know this, nor do these dismantlers of democracy care who they hurt in the process.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
Let us all sit back and remember the good old days when good King Henry began his crusade to cut his wives heads off and all the fine people who said Cool, Why didn't I think of that! It's gods will, wow he sure is our man and It' s the new religion . Come forward a few hundred years and the cult founded on the principle that a man should have the right to cut off his wives heads is followed by the millions of Americans in the Episcopal Church. Who would have thunk it?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I couldn't read the article due to paywall but USA Today says she was severely mentally depressed and her husband actually called the police on her and she had to stay in a psychiatric ward for a week. Sounds like QAnon took advantage of her mental state.
It's a bit more than that. She's a overprivileged reality star type, a relentless self-promoter.

She's a self-caricature-combo of vacuous, short-skirted Fox News female presenters, relentlessly ambitious bimbo or manbo youtube "influencers," and that lovely little slice of the human race who do truly stupid/ugly things and then make a big bucks living out of forever telling you how much they've learned and changed . . . and for just $29.95, you can too!

^^^ Writing this reply, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I hadn't seen that video before. Obviously staged. And not surprising that she pulled the usual RWNJ racist victim card ("I'd be allowed to get away with if I wasn't white!"). Even though that shit is obviously not true.