Apple v. Samsung Jury Decision.

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
Samsung owns the judiciary and political establishment in S. Korea. S. Korea is a banana republic where Samsung does as it pleases and shits on anyone they want to shit on. Who know, maybe Samsung corporate wrote the judgement and handed it to the judge...

you must be joking

And the U.S. must be controlled by Israel, since it receives 3 bil a year from the U.S. and the U.S. does whatever it pleases.

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
  • This comment has received too many negative votes
    Anyone still thinks that samsung didn't just rip off the iPhone is delusional..

gold95 2 days ago

• Did you even watch this video??? LOL.

melonbarmonster in reply to gold95 1 day ago

• Yeah I did... did you?i Do you know anything about copyright/trademark/patent law?

gold95 in reply to melonbarmonster 1 day ago

• Unless you're a practicing patent attorney I'm pretty sure I know more about IP than the average person. You're entitled to your opinion as are the majority of people who watch video leave feeling appalled at the stupidity.

• then tell me your issue with the ruling and qualify your expertise in patent law...

gold95 in reply to melonbarmonster 1 day ago

• I worked on a patent litigation for a year and studied it in school What's your qualification?

typical apple fanboy

lol

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
PlatinumRice, are you Korean? All your posts have to do with Samsung and that 'Gangbang style' song by that Korean rapper. What is your purpose here?

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
man, emily chang could barely hold back her laughter. her face was priceless. what an idiot. the decision will be overturned soon, unless the u.s. court system is riddled with monkey see, monkey do monkeys.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Did that company already license the technology from Samsung? I am not familiar enough with the case to know, I was just generalizing.

Most likely. If it's a standard essential patent for LTE, why wouldn't the company take a license from Samsung?

Also, as far as I'm aware this isn't an actual case yet, just a threat from Samsung. Or at least that's what I gathered from the previous comments related to this issue.

If what you say is true, why would Samsung sue Apple over that, are they dumb?

I don't know. There could be a lot of reasons. One could just be to dump more stuff in Apple's lap that they have to deal with, kind of like how Apple is dumping stuff in their lap. Another could be that they have software patents that aren't licensed to the hardware makers that are still necessary to implement LTE. A third possibility is that they believe that their licensing deal with the hardware makers doesn't prevent them from also charging companies that use that hardware in their devices.

At this point it's just saber rattling so no one really knows. If it does go to trial, we'll probably find out.

PlatinumRice

Aug 26, 2012
  • This has been flagged as spam hide •
    I WANNA WALK UP TO emily's FACE WHILE SHES DOING THE IMPLICIT "There was bias, right?" AND POINT A FINGER IN HER FACE AND STARE AT HER AND BE LIKE: "SHUT UP. SHUT UP. (WHILE STARING)"
    SHE DESERVES THAT
    IF U SWAPPED THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND SET OF FACTS BETWEEN APPLE AND samsung, I WOULD HAVE RULED IN FAVOR OF samsung/AGAINST APPLE
    GOOKS AREN'T LIKE THAT BC THEY HAVE RACIAL/NATIONALITY INFERIORITY COMPLEXES I.E emily

koreaCopiesTOOMUCH 6 days ago

IM DEADASS: THAT'S HOW I WOULD HAVE RULED
    SO DONT GIMME THAT "THERE WAS BIAS SHIT" STUPID emily
    GOD I HATE HER
    SHUT YOUR MOUTH
    GOOKS COPIED AND THEY ALWAYS COPY
    NAME 1 korean INVENTION OR FIRST-ORIGINAL beloved patriot COMPANY
    I HATE TO CONSTANTLY BRING UP JAPAN, BUT: NINTENDO, SUPER MARIO, PLAYSTATION, THE NEXT-LEVEL OF CARS
    WHAT DO GOOKS HAVE? NOTHING
    SO NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME THE DOPPELGANGER IS THEIR ORIGINAL AND NOT A BITEOFF?
    WHAT AN IDIOT

milar"
    AND WHEN I READ DOCUMENTS THAT FURTHER SUPPORT THE CASE OF COPYING
    ON THAT BASIS ALONE THE MOMENT ME AND THE JURY WALKED INTO THE DELIBERATION ROOM I WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST ONE TO SAY SOMETHING, AND IT WOULD BE: "Guilty." "silence and confusion" "[U.S COMPANY] COPIED [beloved patriot company] BECAUSE A B C ... Z"
    NOTICE HOW I SAID ON THAT BASIS ALONE
    NOW, IMAGINE THE U.S IS LIKE GOOKLAND IN THE SENSE THAT THERE IS 0 INNOVATION, NARROW-BRAIN'ED PPL WHO HAVE A HABIT OF COPYING OTHERS I.E JAPAN

AND U COULD TELL SHE THINKS HERSELF THAT THERE WAS SOME BIAS
    LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING
    IF I WAS IN THE JURY, AND samsung AND THE GOOKS HAD A 'STEVE JOBS' WHO PROPOUNDED THE I-U NAME IT
    AND AN AMERICAN COMPANY SUDDENLY CAME OUT WITH A PRODUCT THAT BROUGHT THEM TO COURT OVER PATENT (COPY) ISSUES RIGHT OFF THE BAT MY ANTENNAS WOULD GO UP WHEN I OSTENSIBLY SEE THE SIDE-BY-SIDE COMPARISON
    WHEN I HEAR THAT THE COMPANY (U.S) HAD A BUSINESS APRTNER WHO WAS ALERTING THEM THAT THE PRODUCT WAS "too si

wow, some apple fanboys seriously need help.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
wow, some apple fanboys seriously need help.

You are taking this copying (ring a bell???) and pasting to a whole new level. First it was useless quotes and articles. Now you're copying and pasting user comments on Youtube. We don't need that here.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
You are taking this copying (ring a bell???) and pasting to a whole new level. First it was useless quotes and articles. Now you're copying and pasting user comments on Youtube. We don't need that here.

I agree with Dari. We don't need that here. PlatinumRice, cut it out.

Moderator PM