Apple Mouse on a PC?

thegreatjeff

Jun 14, 2000
Hey all,
I was just wondering if this mouse would work on a PC. It's made by Apple, but yet it's USB... Anyone tried this? Even though Macs are terrible I must say I like their design...especially Aqua and the g4.

thegreatjeff

Jun 14, 2000
I was just wondering. I couldn't live without the Intellimouse Explorer with it's 4 buttons and a wheel. =)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I was just wondering if this mouse would work on a PC. It's made by Apple, but yet it's USB... Anyone tried this? Even though Macs are terrible I must say I like their design...especially Aqua and the g4.

I'm a Mac users and Mac fanatic at heart but get real there's two huge drawbacks to this Apple mouse, make that 3:

1) Super over priced, classic Apple crap. This should only be $20.
2) No scroll wheel.
3) No second button.

It might work on a PC but if you are used to PC mice you will hate it. When I buy my next Mac (2002 iBook, iMac or G4) I will definitely be using a plain jane $20 USB mouse with scrolly wheel, 2 buttons and all it requires are generic Mac OS drivers.

Valafar

May 17, 2001
Couldn't live with or without?
I had a 4 buton, but I don't game enough to really make use out of it. So I traded with a friend who gave me a new 3 button with a wheel.

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
It will work. But Windows won't see it as a mouse, but as a "Human Interface Device" ;)

thegreatjeff

Jun 14, 2000

<< Couldn't live with or without?
I had a 4 buton, but I don't game enough to really make use out of it. So I traded with a friend who gave me a new 3 button with a wheel.
>>

Couldn't live without, sorry.
I use the 4-buttons for Internet.

thegreatjeff

Jun 14, 2000

<< maybe he has a gay imac case for his puter and wants a mouse to match it? >>

I don't want to use the mouse (waaaaay too expensive) but I was just wondering...uh, yeah, i was...<nervous shifting of eyes>

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
But it has....one button......most mac users don't even like them ;)...i mean its just....only one button?

ManSnake

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
I don't see any mouse buttons on that thing, but the laser thing is pretty neat.

d0ofy

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
The mouse button is built into the mouse. You push down the whole thing to click.