Apple iPod Article @ Toms

Pacinamac23

Feb 23, 2001
Looks very interesting. I would certainly take a long hard time looking at it if the price wasn't so high. Does look like one of the best MP3 players out there though.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i know what i want for xmas. and it ain't my two front teeth, for shizzy.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Pacinamac23
Looks very interesting. I would certainly take a long hard time looking at it if the price wasn't so high. Does look like one of the best MP3 players out there though.

Looks nothin'! It flat out is the best MP3 player, no matter what the apple bashers say.

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
"...Apple seems to me to have a very pretentious, almost provincial, attitude toward its products that they feel compelled to try to 'sell' to the mainstream consumers. It's almost as if Apple is trying to perform a religious conversion. I find it really annoying and completely unnecessary. I think this attitude has contributed to Apple's ongoing struggle with retail success within the PC user crowd....

It is disappointing that, instead of celebrating the iPod for Windows as an important bridge that can reach PC mainstream users, Apple seems to regard iPod for Windows as some sort of "consolation prize" for the poor unfortunates who have chosen Windows, rather than MAC...

One thing is for certain, however. People need to pay more attention to what Apple is doing, because they got it absolutely right with the iPod.
"

Some good points to be made here. Thanks for the link, GTaudiophile.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
yup, i agree with that quote. instead of including windows users, they push them away. no windows user is going to ditch his pc so he can use an ipod. releasing ipod with windows support from the start would have built good will, and brand prestige/respect from a whole new audience.

steve jobs is an ass.