Apple, Facebook and Spotify remove 'The Alex Jones Show,' Infowars over hate speech

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
So what’s y’alls opinions on the apparent collusion of them? Facebook and Google taking him down at the same time isn’t just coincidence, should that be worrisome?
That you're looking for conspiracy where there is none because you're a moron.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Well I don’t think someone should be silenced because they lie, and it’s interesting you’re reading into my posts as being an Alex Jones supporter which I’m not.
Ooo,ooo, I'm next! I read in to your posts that you are forever concern trolling just to expose your idiocy for reasons known only to yourself.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I don't disagree about the private property argument.

This link https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/27/politics/first-amendment-explainer-trnd/index.html actually summarizes out all the common use cases and there legality. It does confirm the stance on social media however she adds a comment at the end which is more or less the argument I was trying to make about it. (See bold below).

This article goes into some legal ramifications of the Jones case. https://www.wired.com/story/alex-jones-lawsuit-will-help-redefine-free-speech/

In summary, it states that the first amendment hasn't evolved to support the digital environment. The Jones scenario may challenge the first amendment and force it to evolve for the digital environment.
Until then Jones can go fu*k himself.

Nov 25, 2013
Did you ACTUALLY say silenced? Because this could be Alex right now:

It's like you're a ready made cartoon of yourself.

38528635_10215926151322254_3578606058567892992_n.jpg

Beat me to it. :)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Correct, collusion by itself is not a crime.

In a United States Election, it IS a crime to collude with a foreign government and accept things of value from them. So while there is no charge called "collusion" what Trump did was in fact a crime.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
In a United States Election, it IS a crime to collude with a foreign government and accept things of value from them. So while there is no charge called "collusion" what Trump did was in fact a crime.
Did I miss an indictment, Grand Jury finding, special counsel report or impeachment proceeding somewhere? Otherwise, I think, and I may be wrong here, but any citizen is presumed innocent.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Did I miss an indictment, Grand Jury finding, special counsel report or impeachment proceeding somewhere? Otherwise, I think, and I may be wrong here, but any citizen is presumed innocent.

No, just an admission of guilt on Twitter. That's all.

Look how stupid you look defending an idiot who stupidly admitted his own crime, and is now trying to claim his crime is not illegal.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
No, just an admission of guilt on Twitter. That's all.

Look how stupid you look defending an idiot who stupidly admitted his own crime, and is now trying to claim his crime is not illegal.

ok well let me know when that happens.

Thank you bye

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
A major challenge of any modern democracy is balancing the importance of free expression with the need to contain damage caused by widespread dissemination of speech which is false, divisive, and reprehensible. Fortunately, the founding fathers already figured out how to balance it, when they wrote an amendment to the Constitution which precludes government censorship of speech but does not preclude private censorship of speech.

This idea that there is such a big need to extend a legal doctrine meant originally to apply only to the government into the private sector so that we can protect vile provocateurs like Jones is absurd. We are under no such obligation. Jones followers have been known to engage in such laudable behavior as telephoning the parents of Sandyhook victims to tell them that their kids never existed and their grief isn't real. Jones is a Ted Bundy who found a legal way to express his psychopathy and stay out of jail because we have a 1A. The idea that corporations should forebear their legal right to take actions which may merely reduce the reach of his disgusting drivel because we want to adhere to an even broader concept of free speech than our founding fathers believed in is ridiculous.

I honestly can't see why anyone would have a problem with the actions taken by these companies. They should have done it long ago.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
It's obviously a conspiracy planned by Soros and all those left wing nazis.
I'm gonna buy me a rape whistle with my Soros pay day!
Yes, I'm saying I think Trump wants to make it legal.
But to go a little less dark with it I'll buy a Megaphone with my Soros money to emphasize my freedom of speech in a world so cold it would dare "silence" a sweet, cuddly, anarchist like Alex Jones!

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Was someone silenced? How did that happen? Did they kill him?
Nah, just a couple of venues killed a couple of his methods for spreading hate and conspiracy. His followers might have to congregate in a building "Church of Alex Jones" to get their dose. Not sure how that'll be possible given that he's been silenced.

Reminds me of how people keep accusing Kathy Griffin of decapitating Trump yet the fu*ker keeps going. Yes, with the intelligence of a body without a head but...

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/9/17671188/microsoft-gab-hate-speech-hosting-ban-deplatform

Interesting. The posts if they’re what I saw were very antisemetic and inflammatory. The more interesting thing though is that the platform was threatened with being shut down over a couple of posts by the hosting provider. And such a nebulous term as "hate speech" which could mean anything you want it to mean as the justification. These posts in and of themselves sure I’d agree were very inflammatory and prejudice, but that slope is getting ever more slippery. The left used to be the ones to (rightly) fear this and preach about the dangers thereof, I member.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/9/17671188/microsoft-gab-hate-speech-hosting-ban-deplatform

Interesting. The posts if they’re what I saw were very antisemetic and inflammatory. The more interesting thing though is that the platform was threatened with being shut down over a couple of posts by the hosting provider. And such a nebulous term as "hate speech" which could mean anything you want it to mean as the justification. These posts in and of themselves sure I’d agree were very inflammatory and prejudice, but that slope is getting ever more slippery. The left used to be the ones to (rightly) fear this and preach about the dangers thereof, I member.

You "remember" no such thing. Name a time the left supported forcing private property owners to host anti-semitic, racist or bigoted material?

Be careful. Reaching this hard is the number one cause of strained values.

It is possible to be conservative and have conservative values without being a fucking Nazi.

Ask George Will. Oh, wait, because he won't support Trump, conspiratards and racism he's now only a "RINO."

You know your base has gone full nazi authoritarian when you no longer consider George Will one of you.

Look how stupid you are.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Always so concerned for the "Left".