Question Apple A15 announced

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Seems like the CPU or GPU is not much faster than A14. Might be due to wanting lower power draw for better battery life.

The NPU did get a bump, 15.8 vs 11.8 tops.

Edit: The Pro does get an increase to 5 GPU cores from 4. Might be useful because of the 120 Hz VRR they added.

Last edited:

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Apple just announced an event for the 18th of this month so I think that should put to rest whether or not we're getting an announcement this year. While they haven't specifically said what's going to be discussed it's pretty obvious what to expect.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Apple just announced an event for the 18th of this month so I think that should put to rest whether or not we're getting an announcement this year. While they haven't specifically said what's going to be discussed it's pretty obvious what to expect.
Yeah, we already know from very specific and legit tech leaks most of the specs of the coming MacBook Pros. What we don't know is the configurations and the exact pricing, and the availability.

Definitely new MacBook's and 27 inch imacs. Would like to see an updated Mini with the m1x also.
I think new iMacs are quite unlikely next week. They won't be 27" either. Perhaps 30"? I also have my doubts about the Mac mini. I believe this is primarily a MacBook Pro event.

I'd love to be proven wrong though, since I'm in the market for a Mac mini to pair with my 30" Apple Cinema HD Display. Mind you, I could consider a 30" iMac as well. ;) That said, I'm in no rush, since I have a functional 8-core Mac Pro, as well as a 27" iMac. Fan noise on this Mac Pro is sometimes pretty irritating though, since I have third party server RAM installed (without the ginormous heatsinks that came with Apple OEM RAM). It runs at a constant 75C, with the fans adjusting to compensate. With Apple OEM RAM, it would run at 50C-55C IIRC, with the fan at minimum speed.