Appeals court allows 9/11 families to sue Saudi Arabia in U.S. court

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
I am sorry but this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard or seen in my entire life. Oh lets sue a country because individuals from country A killed people in country B. If that's the case, every Iraqi should be allowed to sue the United States of America.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
When that country is a despotic monarchy where every facet of life is controlled by the government and that government funded people who murdered Americans it makes perfect sense for Americans to be able to seek damages against that government.

As to the situation in Iraq. I agree. Iraqis should be able to sue the U.S. government for damages resulting from the U.S. war of aggression there.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
When that country is a despotic monarchy where every facet of life is controlled by the government and that government funded people who murdered Americans it makes perfect sense for Americans to be able to seek damages against that government.

As to the situation in Iraq. I agree. Iraqis should be able to sue the U.S. government for damages resulting from the U.S. war of aggression there.
Well I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the 9/11 attacks don't rub me the right way, and I am almost certain that the US government played a role in that somehow, so if anything they should be paying out of pocket. But no need to derail the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.