Apparently the deplorables are too deplorable even for Trump!

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
So where do they go now?
Silly Wabbit... Where they'll go is Talk Radio and the Internet, ranting that it's Yet Another Liberal Conspiracy, (and that it's all Obama's and/or Clinton's fault, of course)...:D And hey, don't, dis "political wastelands" like that, they just put Trump into office...<smh>

Last edited:

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
no fucking duh, Trump, horrible as he is in many ways, doesn't really align with neo-nazis.

This is the problem with politics these days- the left convinces itself of the stupidest shit that's just extremist batshit in the opposite direction of the extremism they're decrying. (The stupid notion that Trump is really akin to Hitler. Hate the guy all you want- and there's plenty to criticize him over, but he's not Hitler- nor was EVERY.SINGLE.OTHER Republican candidate or president of basically the last 50 years or so the left has been using the "he's Hitler!" bullshit against.)

Also, the whole alt-right label dejour is getting played out. Neo-nazis are nothing new. That's all those idiot are. There is no mainstream political party in this country that aligns themselves with those types.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
There is no mainstream political party in this country that aligns themselves with those types.
"Align?" No, no more than good old Dixiecrats "aligned" themselves with the Klan (let alone would've been caught dead being seen with them in public during daylight hours.) But surely you can't be pretending that Trump didn't pander to them left, right, and center (if you'll pardon the expression) during his campaign. Or wait, maybe you can be...

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
"Align?" No, no more than good old Dixiecrats "aligned" themselves with the Klan (let alone would've been caught dead being seen with them in public during daylight hours.) But surely you can't be pretending that Trump didn't pander to them left, right, and center (if you'll pardon the expression) during his campaign. Or wait, maybe you can be...
Once more, I know the left has painted every stance against unfettered immigration and dealing harshly with terrorism and radical Islam as "OMG HITLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" you know, the usual 'nuance' from the left.. but sorry, no. Trump is not Hitler.

Much as the batshit insane left actually *WISHES* he were so you'd have more to cry, piss and whine about.

I don't even like the man, just there's a fucking REASON for Godwin's law. Yet the batshit left pretty much plays that with every single argument. (And never seems to figure out it's pretty much set up as a LOSE BY DEFAULT argument.)

And it's nothing new. This time it's Trump. Last election it was Romney. Before that Palin. Before that Bush. Before that Bush Sr, Reagan, and so on.

Next time there's a new Republican candidate going up against a Dem, it'll be the same old bullshit. "OMG HITLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
no fucking duh, Trump, horrible as he is in many ways, doesn't really align with neo-nazis.

You can't really argue that he hasn't been courting the alt-right/neonazi/deplorable/racistfuckwit/callitwhatyoulike vote surely?

Doing shit like that isn't free, it comes with a price.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
You can't really argue that he hasn't been courting the alt-right/neonazi/deplorable/racistfuckwit/callitwhatyoulike vote surely?

In the same sense Hillary courted the left/loon/dipshit/moonbat/racebaitingmoron/labelitwhatyoulike vote.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I can see where Trump didn't disavow those folks during the heated campaign because he needed their votes. Now he doesn't, and he also doesn't need their claiming that Trump supports their agenda because his enemies will use that against him in all kinds of creative ways. Surely his alt-right supporters realize this, right?

However, Trump may quietly support them and assist them in accomplishing their goals on the down low like previous Repub presidents have done for the base of the party ie not ever publicly denouncing them after disassociating themselves for public consumption, or sending out supportive coded messages and commentary that allowed for plausible deniability and/or attempting to introduce legislation that suggests their support while knowing the legislation doesn't have a chance of passing.

I'm not sure if this is considered a walk back though.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Trump disavows 'alt-right' supporters - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38069469

Discarding them like a used condom.

So where do they go now? Will they be happy to be flushed into political wastelands again? Or is this yet another grudge they'll carry?

He's just saying that to get the heat of the video off, not unlike he finally had to disavow David Duke after it was starting to look pretty racist.

Mr. Alt Right is still his strategist, and the klan types still celebrated his victory. Nothing changed.

This is the problem with politics these days- the left convinces itself of the stupidest shit that's just extremist batshit in the opposite direction of the extremism they're decrying. (The stupid notion that Trump is really akin to Hitler. Hate the guy all you want- and there's plenty to criticize him over, but he's not Hitler- nor was EVERY.SINGLE.OTHER Republican candidate or president of basically the last 50 years or so the left has been using the "he's Hitler!" bullshit against.)

Also, the whole alt-right label dejour is getting played out. Neo-nazis are nothing new. That's all those idiot are. There is no mainstream political party in this country that aligns themselves with those types.

Not hard to see why someone who parrots Breitbart might want alt-right labeling to be played out.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
He plainly denounced them.
The regressive left refuses to accept something outside their painted narratives.
No surprises here.

Reactions: sxr7171

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trump's no dummy. That he turned his back on his (former?) alt-right supporters was a point of consensus among he and his advisers. They weighed the pluses and minuses and decided it was best to "publicly" cut his ties with them. Like so many other of his edicts, promises and other sundry alarming rhetoric, Trump will say things "he doesn't really mean" or says things for advantage over his rivals......IOW, for many reasons other than the stated or apparent one.

He may still support them and their wishes, just not publicly. Let's see if he really doesn't care to be associated with them from observing his future actions in this regard.

It may be that Trump feels it would be quite easy to regain their confidence (if they did) when he will need their support in future elections by simply firing up the 'ol rhetoric machine once again. If it was easy then, why not again....and again...and again?

I mean, the alt-right folks aren't any different than all those other folks he wooed into supporting him in the sense that they believed in his words no matter how horribly he behaved or spoke of others. So if that's the case, I would think he considers all of those who voted for him as being unshakably loyal to him because as he said, "he could shoot somebody and they'd still vote for him."

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
No surprise he is trying to go mainstream after the election. The most amusing part is him denying that Bannon has anything to do with the alt right. He was only the editor-in-chief of the single most prominent alt right website But no, he has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015

Yes, the "price" of endless liberal temper tantrums as they work more diligently than ever to ensure they'll never win another national election again :)

Feb 16, 2005
He plainly denounced them.
The regressive left refuses to accept something outside their painted narratives.
No surprises here.
don't you have a moose to assrape you ignorant fuckwit?

If he would have disavowed them, say 6, 8 months ago, it may have a little more credibility. He fucking lied about knowing/not knowing david duke, etc. He was pandering and catering to the neo-nazi vote.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011

If he would have disavowed them, say 6, 8 months ago, it may have a little more credibility. He fucking lied about knowing/not knowing david duke, etc. He was pandering and catering to the neo-nazi vote.

mmmmmMMMmyyyeah. Surely he's willing to risk millions of votes to gain a few thousand.

Sounds logical to me!
02ea74d4-a744-41e6-a9a2-773afc676fca.grid-6x2.jpg

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
He's just saying that to get the heat of the video off, not unlike he finally had to disavow David Duke after it was starting to look pretty racist.

Mr. Alt Right is still his strategist, and the klan types still celebrated his victory. Nothing changed.

Case in point:

Nowhere, since his chief strategist is one. And they'll continue pissing in your cheerios and watching the hilarious temper tantrums that result :)

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
That was his point, you boob. Trump only now disavows the alt-right because he's already gotten their votes.
And Hillary only disavows the people out blocking traffic, breaking things, holding up ambulances, actually KILLING people for joking about voting for Trump because she's already...

... oh wait, DID she actually disavow all of that?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
And Hillary only disavows the people out blocking traffic, breaking things, holding up ambulances, actually KILLING people for joking about voting for Trump because she's already...

... oh wait, DID she actually disavow all of that?

Haha, no surprise the way uppity minorities vs white power roles are reprised once more in history.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm sure Trump isn't a racist even though a huge portion of America is. And I am sure he doesn't like being tied to them either, but he needed their vote to win. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I think I must be crazy.

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015

Nobody gives a fuck whether he has "credibility" with you, try not to cry.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm sure Trump isn't a racist even though a huge portion of America is. And I am sure he doesn't like being tied to them either, but he needed their vote to win. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I think I must be crazy.

He'll need that vote & get it 4 years from today. Bet on it.