Apology thread

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
About analogies ... According to this standard, then, Nixon should have gotten away with it too ... right?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
If given a choice between conservatism and democracy the conservatives will always choose conservatism.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I read the Atlantic article, and WAPO commentary as well. The full release of the Mueller report does not substantially change what we learned from the more favorable Barr summary. Can we agree that there was no collusion knock out blow, and that obstruction is open to interpretation.
The only thing that is really open to interpretation is why Congress isn't upholding its Constitutional duties.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
There is no arguing with a "both sides" bitch, bubble dweller. He'll only dig in his heels or mysteriously stop posting until he thinks people forget his ridiculous claims.
You resort to personal attacks when you can no longer support your argument. It’s quite predictable and tiresome.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
The only thing that is really open to interpretation is why Congress isn't upholding its Constitutional duties.
Agreed. The Mueller report is quite clear that Trump lied and also gave unlawful orders. There is adequate grounds for impeachment, and yet the Democrats have been quite assertive in dodging that path.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Agreed. The Mueller report is quite clear that Trump lied and also gave unlawful orders. There is adequate grounds for impeachment, and yet the Democrats have been quite assertive in dodging that path.
I suspect they're worried about the constant death threats they're getting from Trump's loyal propaganda-crazed mob.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think both parties are a bunch of pinkocommienaziwannabe eurotrashpanderingwarmongeringwheedlinglyingwhiningsorelosers .

This is all very great and all, but how are you going to help me buy my new GTI?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's funny that the only the supporters of the party of racists, fascists, and assholes, are the only people that argue that both parties are the same.

It's simply true. without question.

Those that claim to be "party to none" and still argue the same, are worse than illiterate. These people are simply willful morons. They are to be laughed at and kicked in the street until unconscious.

Reactions: UberNeuman

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
You may apologize now.
It's funny that the only the supporters of the party of racists, fascists, and assholes, are the only people that argue that both parties are the same.

It's simply true. without question.

Those that claim to be "party to none" and still argue the same, are worse than illiterate. These people are simply willful morons. They are to be laughed at and kicked in the street until unconscious.
I know the left has a lot to answer for.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
He could certainly try, but Mueller also acknowledges that without underlying proof of collusion, the obstruction charge is tenuous, and Mueller also acknowledges the purview of the executive branch to directs its own resources in defense of itself.

You can set the goal post down over there and then fetch me a cup of water.

Tell me. Is it your opinion that if the Mueller investigation led to the discovery of a crime against Trump, then he would be guilty of obstruction?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Well, they're in recess right at the moment, just for starters. It needs to be understood that impeachment by the House will likely not result in removal from office by the GOP Senate. I'm all in favor of making them own it but I'm not prepared to predict what kind of backlash could be conjured up from a failed attempt.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The fact they can't accept a democratic election where they don't win.
Criticizing the President because you disagree with his policies or methods is not undemocratic. Working within the Constitutional and legal systems to check a President's abuses of power (whether real or perceived) is also not undemocratic.
Trying to suppress criticism of a President is undemocratic. Attempting to prevent work within the Constitutional and legal systems to check a President's abuses of power is also undemocratic.
Our democracy isn't a system that gives unlimited power to whoever lost the election. That today's Republicans believe so is probably the greatest threat to America's freedom today. If only because it means that either a Republican dictatorship will be established OR there will a Democrat in the White House again. Maybe not in '20, but someday. And then he'll get to do all the same shit that Trump is getting away with today.

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
Well, they're in recess right at the moment, just for starters. It needs to be understood that impeachment by the House will likely not result in removal from office by the GOP Senate. I'm all in favor of making them own it but I'm not prepared to predict what kind of backlash could be conjured up from a failed attempt.
Keep the faith.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You resort to personal attacks when you can no longer support your argument. It’s quite predictable and tiresome.

I've already supported my argument you dumb bitch and yet you haven't bothered providing anything to back up your claim.

At this point you are just another piece of shit troll.

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
Criticizing the President because you disagree with his policies or methods is not undemocratic. Working within the Constitutional and legal systems to check a President's abuses of power (whether real or perceived) is also not undemocratic.
Trying to suppress criticism of a President is undemocratic.
Nobody is arguing that. You just don't like who won.

Reactions: FelixDeCat