APC Back-UPS BR1000G Line-interactive UPS - 1 kVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri79

Mar 31, 2003
I bought that same model at Office Max last week for $99.99 on sale plus tax. Buy.com's price with shipping seems decent.

RDMustang1 was right. After taking a look at the model #BX1000G. Its still a warm deal :)

For XS version for me.

Last edited:

RDMustang1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2001
I bought that same model at Office Max last week for $99.99 on sale plus tax. Buy.com's price with shipping seems decent.

I've never seen OfficeMax sell the RS line which is greatly superior to the XS line they normally sell. This is a pretty good deal for an RS unit as XS units normally go for this price.

doug_ny

Nov 20, 2010
I've never seen OfficeMax sell the RS line which is greatly superior to the XS line they normally sell. This is a pretty good deal for an RS unit as XS units normally go for this price.

On this RS series, is it a simple +12v boost or -12v buck, or does it correct voltage continuously *up to* +/- 12v?

lopgok

Apr 28, 2001
Get an apc smart-ups which produces a reasonable sine wave, not a 'modified sine wave'.
A so called modified sine wave is really a square wave with some 0 volt output to make it a little nicer. See http://www.weasel.com/comp_ups.html#upsover
for drawings of the waveforms.

I happen to be selling a few smart-ups's as well as a 900va back-ups.
The smart-ups's also have better monitoring options, with ethernet monitoring options, unlike the back-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.