apartment complex problem

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
I recently moved in on the second floor in an apartment complex, and everything is great, but I notice that in the bedroom, there is a repetitive "bom bom bom" sound(like a generator or something going).

I thought it was my A/c, but even when the A/c is turned off, sometimes, it is still going. Could it be the neighbors A/C? When I get up on my bed and touch the ceiling, I could feel a bit of shaking, so I"m pretty sure it is something up there that is doing it....

what could it be? I dont want to move out, but it is very loud and keeps me awake. the office is closed, so I can't find them now, but I'm curious to know what it could be.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SampSon
Go talk to the complex manager and maintenence man, obviously.

As a complex manager I just want to say, Don't talk to the manager, talk to the maintenence man. :)

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
yea, i'm gonna talk to the aparment manager on monday or tuesday.

I"m just curious to know what it is, and I hope it wont require me to move out...

Originally posted by: ThePresence

As a complex manager I just want to say, Don't talk to the manager, talk to the maintenence man. :)
I always have to go through the manager to get the maintenece guy out there.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence

I always have to go through the manager to get the maintenece guy out there.
Are you in a small complex?
We have a maintenence line. You call that line for any maintenence issue, and it gets put onto a work order in the office. One copy goes out to the maintnence staff, one copy goes to me and one copy gets filed in the unit's file. So this way I see all the problems, but it goes directly to the maintnence staff. I've found that it's a quicker and more effecient setup. All the apt. complexes I manage now work this way.