AP: India, Pakistan sit down to talk peace

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Thought we might start the holiday week with some good news for a change...;)

Formal meeting is first since 2001

The Associated Press
Updated: 8:46 a.m. ET Feb. 16, 2004

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Nuclear-armed rivals India and Pakistan began historic meetings Monday aimed at preparing the way for a sustained peace dialogue on Kashmir and other disputes that have kept the neighbors at loggerheads for decades.

Pakistan is eager to show quick progress during the three days of talks, which also are likely to cover confidence-building measures in the nuclear field to avoid an accident ? especially considering admissions of leaks of nuclear technology by the father of Pakistan?s nuclear program.

India and Pakistan last held formal peace talks in July 2001 in Agra, India.

Pakistan?s President Pervez Musharraf and Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee agreed to launch the new dialogue when they met on the sidelines of a South Asian summit in January.

:beer: :)

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Boo, i wanted to see a nuclear war. nuclear war = middle east instability = usa takes over to make sure its interests are protected = no more opec = lots of oil = cheep gas :)

Abhi

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos
Boo, i wanted to see a nuclear war. nuclear war = middle east instability = usa takes over to make sure its interests are protected = no more opec = lots of oil = cheep gas :)

You dont mind if millions die?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You dont mind if millions die?

Millions shmillions, he wants his $1.05/per gallon back. I've heard some evangelical types say similar, and when pressed with the concept of cause and effect they smugly maintain the "it's all gonna come to an end soon anyway, and I'll be in heaven!" punchline. Isn't it great to know the muppet we have in the White House believes that too?

firewall

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2001
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos

Iraq all over agin????

I don't think US can afford another war. One more war and you will be taxed double maybe triple and somone else will be blamed for the already lame economy. The changes in your oil prices will not be in cents but in wholesome bucks!!!