AP Computer Science A (C++) Exam

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Anybody taken this exam? I'm in AP C++ now, and that class is pretty easy for me...I'm wondering if we're going to be prepared for the AP exam however, as we seem to go pretty slowly through the material - we are currently studying recursion, have done classes and structs as well as matricies and vectores briefly in this semester. How did you do on the exam if you took it? Any pointers?

Thanks

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
damn that is so screwy...i click post, get the forums are busy msg, try again later...i thought it didn't post it..im sowwy :(

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
i heard the comp sci exam is super ass hard, my really smart friend who got 5s on the AP Calc BC, AP Chem, and AP Physics test got a 3 on the comp sci test and he said he tried really hard too

RichieZ

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2000
I got a 4 on the APCS test last yr, just get one of those prep books and study. You guys do seem to be going a little slow, the APCS class this yr is at binary trees and I think they are about to do dynamic memory alocation.

The APCS test is pretty hard, espeically the show work problems. We had one about queues, matrix, binary tree, and something else. This is the AB test btw, the A test is super easy.

linuxboy

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
if you're on recursion and it's almost April, then ur screwed

seriously

start studying classes and object-oriented design and follow up on that with data structures

from what I recall about the AP CS test, the mult choice had alot of theory on big O, and linked lists/pointers/arrays

the free response wasn't too easy either
know your classes and the advanced theory

even if ur gonna take the A part, the mult choice is still over data structures

u'd be better off going to a community college and taking C++ there. Don't have to hassle with AP and it's pretty easy : )