Anyway to hook up some computer speakers to my TV?

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
I have an older TV, and I just got this DVD player in my room. It's a good TV, but just a few years old. It's got the standard RCA hookups. So, two connections for the Audio. Anything I can buy @ Radio Shack or anything, to use my Altec Lansings that are just sitting here? They just have the standard stereo connection for the Sound Card.

I'm gonna research it, but if someone knows soon, then I'm offffff to Radio Shack right now.

TIA.

KeyserSoze

mss242

Aug 7, 2001
Yeah, you need an 1/8 inch stereo plug to RCA jacks (male to male). Just tell one of the shack people - they will help you.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I'm assuming your speakers have a miniplug connection. Grab a RCA male/miniplug male connector from RS if you can disconnect the cable from the speakers. If not, buy a RCA male/miniplug female cable from RS.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Oh man, this freaking rocks. I have had these nice Altec Lansing speakers just sitting here, with this massive Sub. And to go with my little dinky Minitek DVD player I bought a few weeks agoooooo......sweet!

KeyserSoze

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
just buy converters at radio shack, they have little converter things for anything really. i did the same thing years ago:)