anyone watching packers dolphins?

thesurge

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
GB Kicker makes a 55 yard field goal, but since MIA has some sort of penalty it doesn't count. (4 secs left, FG doesn't count)

GB Kicker makes a 40 yard field goal, o-line gets facemask. (0 secs left, FG doesn't count)

Half over.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
1-10-MIA37 :)04) PENALTY on MIA-Z.Thomas, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at MIA 37 - No Play.
1-10-MIA22 :)04) PENALTY on GB-M.Montgomery, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at MIA 22 - No Play.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Legendary
Why would the accept the penalty if they already made the FG?

That's what I'm wondering..since when does an unsportsmanlike conduct call result in a dead ball?

thesurge

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
It was before the play... and it caused both lines to false start. (Something about Z. Thomas calling "shift" or something).

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Syringer
Originally posted by: Legendary
Why would the accept the penalty if they already made the FG?

That's what I'm wondering..since when does an unsportsmanlike conduct call result in a dead ball?

Is that what the call was? No way they 'choose' to kick the FG again if it didn't count due to a dead-ball penalty.

What was the exact call is what I want to know.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: thesurge
It was before the play... and it caused both lines to false start. (Something about Z. Thomas calling "shift" or something).

Where does the OP get a 15 yard penalty then?

thesurge

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage

I am the OP... the referees ruled that Z. Thomas calling shift caused the defensive line to shift which caused a false start on the offensive line which is somehow a personal foul against zach thomas (hence +15 for packers).

It was some odd personal foul call that i've never heard before (don't remember what it was dubbed).

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage

I am the OP... the referees ruled that Z. Thomas calling shift caused the defensive line to shift which caused a false start on the offensive line which is somehow a personal foul against zach thomas (hence +15 for packers).

It was some odd personal foul call that i've never heard before (don't remember what it was dubbed).

I forgot the exact rule. Theres some stupid rule about defensive players not being allowed to call out stuff once they are lined up. I think it only applies to plays involving field goals.