Anyone watching Dateline right now??

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
They just did a demonstration of the liquid explosives in action.

Blew a hole in a airplane fuselage.

I remember a lot of people talking about how these guys could never pull their plan off.
Watch the video for yourself and see what you think.
liquid explosive demo
Big boom at 1:30

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
We need to do something about this, NOW. I propose we ban drinks but not inspected mail.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Oh man. After watching that video, I am going not going to take chances with Obama, and I will vote McCain. I don't want something like that to ever go off on US soil. :(

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
If you don't vote for McCain.. Cheney will bomb you

Anyhow.. how about those guys.. in England.. didn't they get set free or something like that

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
^^ Not bad... but did you see what Saddam did with all those WMD's after the war started?

Did you see what we did to Iraq?

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Chris Hansen is da repub!!!!1!!1!

------------------------------------------

Wow that was a huge blast. If they had like 10 people on a plane doing this it would definitely bring it down

Probably the saddest thing about this I won't be able to drink no more 'tang 'round there no mo'

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

I remember a lot of people talking about how these guys could never pull their plan off.
liquid explosive demo

Yeah, terrorists are going to be able to do that, while blocking off a bathroom, in a controlled environment, without alerting people with odors, and mixing everything properly.

Quickly, we must invade everybody's privacy! It is to our doom if we dont!

Go wet your bed while you're at it. Pussies like you probably make George Washington wish he'd have left us in British hands.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

liquid explosive demo

Thanks for delaying my ability to bring koolaid on a plane for another two years.:|

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

liquid explosive demo
Yeah, terrorists are going to be able to do that, while blocking off a bathroom, in a controlled environment, without alerting people with odors, and mixing everything properly.

Go wet your bed while you're at it. Pussies like you probably make George Washington wish he'd have left us in British hands.
So you are willing to risk the lives of hundreds of people in the faint hope that someone will notice something strange and stop it?

Taejin

Moderator<br>Love & Relationships
Aug 29, 2004

liquid explosive demo

So you are willing to risk the lives of hundreds of people in the faint hope that someone will notice something strange and stop it?

So you're willing to undermine our democracy and take away our freedoms and subject our nation to the possible abuses of power that come with it for a possible liquid explosive on a plane by a bunch of weaksauce terrorists?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
ProfJohn, I hope you have some connections in government because we need to nip this in the bud ASAP. I'm thinking Patriot Act 3. Get er done!!!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Quick arrest Dustin Hoffman and the whole cast of the Graduate. They are the ones who said the future is in plastics. And now you tells us that liquids are the ultimate plastic.

Its enough to make me pee my pants explosively.

What is next, explosive gasses? Terrorist in planes will congregate after eating massive doses of beans, collectively fart, some terrorist will then light a bic, and boom. Only Non Prof John and home land security can save us all.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

I don't doubt that Washington has gone from high-rate spin to Olympic gold-winning full-tilt-rotation by now.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
What does inspections to board airplanes have to do with taking away freedom? Besides the TSA being the ones who search....the airlines are a private business. Last I checked, private businesses can do whatever the hell they want to. Hell, I got kicked out of a bar once because the bartender said I looked too drunk.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Taejin
So you're willing to undermine our democracy and take away our freedoms and subject our nation to the possible abuses of power that come with it for a possible liquid explosive on a plane by a bunch of weaksauce terrorists?
Do you see me suggesting that? I was only pointing out that the people who said this type of bomb could not work were wrong.

A bunch of paranoid people in this thread.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
A bunch of paranoid people in this thread.
And yet you're the one creating an entire thread about "omg look they can blow up planes with pert plus!$#!"

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I do not believe in giving out those symbolic anandtech icon cookies or emoticons, be it a one cookie, four cookie, or a full 21 cookie salute.

But I am becoming an advocate of sending PJ a harmless liquid, like Thorazine in copious quantities for forced PJ ingestion. It will make him feel better.

When I was a child I used to be terrified about alligators under my bed, now the modern variant is snakes on a plane, I have since grown up, and now I ask when non Prof John will grow up?

As for me, I need no excuse for paranoia, GWB is my President and McSame could be my next one. Praise the Lord and pass the cyanide.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Originally posted by: amdhunter
Oh man. After watching that video, I am going not going to take chances with Obama, and I will vote McCain. I don't want something like that to ever go off on US soil. :(

How do you expect McCain to be more effective in combating this sort of threat?