Anyone Want a cat?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
The part of the story I don't like, is that this guy stops looking for a home for his cat after an hour. He just sits on his porch like a goon, he didn't put up posters or anything. This guy's gotta think "You got a pet, you got a responsibility! You can't just look for an hour and call it quits. So you get your ass out there and you find that fvckin' cat a home!"

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: cashman
Where do you exactly live in Florida? How far are you away from Orlando?

I'm about 2 hours south of Orlando, I live in Ft. Lauderdale basically.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Staley8
The part of the story I don't like, is that this guy stops looking for a home for his cat after an hour. He just sits on his porch like a goon, he didn't put up posters or anything. This guy's gotta think "You got a pet, you got a responsibility! You can't just look for an hour and call it quits. So you get your ass out there and you find that fvckin' cat a home!"

are you talking about the guy in this thread? i am so confused...

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: blazert40
Originally posted by: cashman
Where do you exactly live in Florida? How far are you away from Orlando?

I'm about 2 hours south of Orlando, I live in Ft. Lauderdale basically.

Hah, that where I was born. :p Respond to my PM when you get a chance. :)

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan

its from one of the adam sandler movies.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: gistech1978

Thats where thats from! I was thinking he was just using the "Dog Story" from Half Baked.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: gistech1978

Thats where thats from! I was thinking he was just using the "Dog Story" from Half Baked.

the dog story in Billy Madison. :D

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
My hopes is to find someone that can provide a "loving" home for him, I don't want to be stuck with the option of having to bring him to a pound. I've tried every which way and there is no way I will be able to take him with me when I move in about 6 weeks.

try putting a sign up in the local grocery stores saying "Free cat to good home"

charliebrown

Dec 2, 1999
My hopes is to find someone that can provide a "loving" home for him, I don't want to be stuck with the option of having to bring him to a pound. I've tried every which way and there is no way I will be able to take him with me when I move in about 6 weeks.

If you have to put him up for adoption, don't take him to the pound. Go to PetSmart or Petco - they work with local adoption agencies. They'll find him a good home.

You could also post an ad on craigslist. Its free and a lot of people read it.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77

try putting a sign up in the local grocery stores saying "Free cat to good home"

Thats a great idea, thanks for the suggestion.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: charliebrown

If you have to put him up for adoption, don't take him to the pound. Go to PetSmart or Petco - they work with local adoption agencies. They'll find him a good home.

You could also post an ad on craigslist. Its free and a lot of people read it.

I'll try craigslist also, thanks for the suggestion.