Anyone wanna Borderlands Coop (PC)?

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Hello Fellow AT'ers,

I'm looking for a Coop partner for Borderlands 1 game for PC from 2009. I will be playing the entire game on 4-Player difficulty and looking for someone who has the time to complete the storyline missions and fully level up a Character. I'll probably do play-through 2 as well.

If anyone's interested post here, or PM me! Thanks

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hello Fellow AT'ers,

I'm looking for a Coop partner for Borderlands 1 game for PC from 2009. I will be playing the entire game on 4-Player difficulty and looking for someone who has the time to complete the storyline missions and fully level up a Character. I'll probably do play-through 2 as well.

If anyone's interested post here, or PM me! Thanks

Heck yeah.

lamarwisneski

Mar 2, 2012
www.direct2play.com
Its not suppose to be a popular game, so I don't know how many people you will get to play it with you. I don't have it so Im sorry this isnt a good answer, but I don't wan to play..

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
What times would you be playing? Never tried Coop, haven't played really very far into it, but was thinking Coop would be fun.

Last edited:

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
That game was so bad unfortunately. The same fetch quest over and over again with "procedural weapon" drops added in to keep you hunting for loot.

Truly a grind to play that game.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Its not suppose to be a popular game, so I don't know how many people you will get to play it with you. I don't have it so Im sorry this isnt a good answer, but I don't wan to play..

It was very popular, especially after all the steam sales and deals on DLC that have happened over the past year. If you don't have it, don't want to play and have no idea of it's popularity, then why did you post?

Anyway OP, unless something has changed the difficulty scales with how many people join... it's not selectable. So by saying "I will be playing on 4 player difficulty" do you mean you want to find 3 people to play with, or do you think you can select 4 player difficulty at any point? I haven't played in a while so it may have changed, but when I did go through it the only way to have 4 player difficulty was to have 4 people playing.

modestninja

Jul 17, 2003
Anyway OP, unless something has changed the difficulty scales with how many people join... it's not selectable. So by saying "I will be playing on 4 player difficulty" do you mean you want to find 3 people to play with, or do you think you can select 4 player difficulty at any point? I haven't played in a while so it may have changed, but when I did go through it the only way to have 4 player difficulty was to have 4 people playing.

There's a quick hack you can do to simulate 4 people in game even if there's only 1 or 2. It makes the game quite challenging solo...

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=2032616&postcount=109

TheJTrain

Dec 3, 2001
I'm interested - I picked it up cheap last year and played about 30 minutes of it with a buddy who'd played through it a couple times already and was thoroughly cheesed off that he kept running ahead to where he already knew we had to go and talking to the next NPCs without me there to hear it and not letting me explore the area because he already had. I had no interest in just following along in his wake while he speed-ran the thing, so I never went back - wasn't sure I'd be able to find anyone at this point who also hadn't played it. Not sure if our schedules will align, but we can take a look at it via PM.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I think i have a soldier character (around level 20 i think)... i'd like to jump in when you reach that level later.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
played co-op through the entire game when it came out - yeah, it's a grind and the story is lame, but the fun is trying out different weapons, and the combat is great.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I would love to play the game co-op. I dont know if I will have the time to play as much as you would want though. I haven't completed my first playthrough yet and I haven't played in quite a while though. I would love to play with someone though when I have the time to play.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Game of the Year, Xbox runner up game of the year, Metacritic scores of 81-86 (depending on DLC), IGNs top 100 modern games (#35).

Nope, terrible game.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
What time are you planning on playing. I am in central US, so central time. Sunday will be my lazy day so I can definitely blow several hours in that game.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
lol at those that say it's not popular or well received.

Man, I agree with you.

Was it a grindfest. YES. Was it popular? Enough.
I FINISHED the SP campaign. It was a leave you brain at the door, check in and have fun blowing stuff away game.

I would SO love to do it but I am mired in finishing FF13 to play 13-2 (I know I know but it appears I missed the glory days and have NOW embraced the Japanese style of over voice acting, great cut scenes and BABES I'd love to see more of. (Fang annd Lightning) and then finishing ME2 to play ME3.
Side note. Chapter 12 in FF 13.... ONE LONG ASS CHAPTER LOL.

Add to that Witcher 2, LA Noire, Red Dead Zombie.
NEED TO BUY TIME LOL.

Good luck OP. I wanted to do this when my kids (Youngest is 27) bought it. They had Xbox versions. I will watch this post and MAYBE... Just maybe, PM you one day.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Hey I've gotten a few PMs from some folks who have also posted in this thread. I will be taking time with the Story line & missions. I think we're going to end up playing mostly on the weekends at night Fri/Sat/Sun or whenever schedules align.

It is possible to play 4-player with only 1 2 or 3 people cooping, as was answered already in this thread. Yes be ready to invest some serious time into this, and don't expect a ground breaking story line. Think more along the lines as already stated, "leave your brain at the door" loot & shoot action.

No epic story line and amazing plot twists, just fun, shooting, action and stuff like that.

I have a few replies and have found some other folks by posting a similar thread on the borderlands game bb's. I've replied to the PMs so hopefully we'll have a regularly scheduled gaming session setup soon. Thanks for your interest.